Monday, October 26, 2009

To my favorite God-daughter.

It is inevitable, if Tink has a birthday, you will follow ten days later. You are very special to me. Your mom and I were pregnant together and I was as excited to meet you, as my own little Tink. I was THRILLED to discover you were a girl and that you would grow up together as little twin cousins (twice over!) I should say that you could slow down but I am too excited to have double the trouble three year olds.
You bring our family so much joy. I cannot get enough of you running into each other's arms (even if it is several times a day at 3 different Christmas parties). I love to listen to you both talk as you play. You two could be a little sweeter to each other and maybe, work on your sharing skills...but you have plenty of time to practice. Just the rest of your lives!

The above, is one of our favorite pictures of you. Love you, love your bright blue eyes, your hugs goodbye and your huge spirit. My fondest memory of you this year, was the morning we shared as I took you to meet your baby sister. Listening to you repeat her new name over and over was priceless.







I'm sure one day you may be annoyed that your birthday is always ten days after Tink's. Not to worry....you will always grow faster than her!
I do not apologize for when I buy you both matching clothes.
I hope this trip down memory lane does not make your Uncle Coach cry.
Happy Birthday, Eleven. My most favorite God-daughter. I am always honored to have the privilege to call you that.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Happy birthday to the only child I know who, as a baby, was more serious than my own oldest daughter. Hope all your 3 year old birthday dreams come true!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Three years olds are wonderful! Having two is even better. I love when you come to Grammy's house to visit with Tink. Have a great day! Love you!