Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stuff bouncing around in my head.

My thoughts on Children's television.

1. How awesome is Phineas and Ferb? I love their songs. Except, as an older sister to a younger brother, I always get a little excited hoping this is the episode she finally rats out those little punks.
2. I miss Captn Caveman.
3. I wish that Swiper would steal more stuff from Dora. She is just so helpful and happy. She has earned the disappointment.
4. On Imagination Movers- is that guy's hair real or does he wear a wig to not be recognized on such an awful show?
5. Why did Strawberry Shortcake have to get tall and skinny? Can't she just enjoy life being short, chunky with ill fitting clothes, for a while longer?
6. Hey Zack and Cody, you peaked on Big Daddy. Go away. Please.
7. Do you think with the collapse of the banking system, that Scrooge McDuck from Ducktails, is pretty thankful about keeping his pile of money in that tower?
8. Looking back, I may have better served my son, by turning off Teletubbies and The Wiggles. Hindsight is 20/20. I do apologize, Commissioner.
9. We watched He-Man while growing up. The body type did not translate into my psyche when falling in love with Coach. I mean, he has the muscles, obviously, just not the hair.
10. I don't get Spongebob. Really, we base an entire television series on a sponge? Do you have any idea the amount of bacteria that grows on a yellow kitchen sponge? It's like a walking, talking infection.

Extra Credit: Please tell me where the mother is on Max and Ruby? Why can't her little brother get out of her face for five minutes? I sympathize.

7 comments:

Munchkin said...

"dislike"

Anonymous said...

I don't know if your kids are watching too much Disney, but you sure are. You all need to shut the Disney channel off and do family reading. Signed, Your Mother

The Mrs. said...

Phineas and Ferb are a staple at One Carbon Hill. Sponge Bob, on the other hand, is pure nonsense and even Punkin will tell us that it's "too silly" to watch. At least I trained her well on that. Too bad I can't do the same for use of polite manners like "please" and "thank you". Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Anonymous said...

We don't get the Disney channel, so I don't know who half of those characters even are.

The General said...

Turn off the Wiggles? What? Fruit salad? (rubs tummy) Yummy Yummy?

The Mrs. said...

Not only does The General now read your blog, but he also posts funny comments. He doesn't even do that on my blog - dislike!

Anonymous said...

We couldn't be more opposite on our cartoon approval. No Wiggles or Teletubbies. WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN? What's he watching now....The Rocky Horror Picture Show?

Don't even get me started on Max and Ruby. Can you imagine being the bunny that ends up marrying Ruby? She will die a lonely old rabbit and it will be all her parents fault.

Commissioner