Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's my blog and I'll change if I want too.


I am shaking things up, mid-game.
I am changing The baby's blog name from Kat to Coco.
I'm over Kat. I labeled her before we really knew her and she is not a Kat.
Ditta and his family like to nick name people. A long standing tradition my in-laws suffer with. After several months of thinking, he declared our baby's nickname Coco ******'s (insert real name with an 's' and think of cereal).
I did not jump at this suggestion. Ditta wanted the baby's legal name to be Cadillac if it was a boy, (honest to Bitsy!) Ideas such as these, do not make him my go-to-man. Regardless, something about Coco seems to work.
After careful consideration these are my reasons why the name change is fitting.
1. Think of our last name.
2. Coco Chanel was the only perfume worn by Marilyn Monroe (I have a teeny obsession).
3. Coco Chanel was French. If I can no longer speak the language and have years before I visit the country...this is close enough.
4. Sounds cooler. (Probably the most researched reason)
5. The Cocoa bean is easily God's greatest creation. Right up there with Mankind, the Coral Reef and the Grand Canyon.
6. At 5 months she is absolutely the sweetest baby we have had. Possibly, the cocoa beans used to make the chocolate that her mother consumes several times a day and transfers to her milk..may have something to do with that.
7. Ice-T's wife is named Coco. We are West Coast.
8. Coconut Oil is the greatest smell of summer.
9. Last night while I was taking care of sick kids, I wished I was in Coco Beach.
10. Last, I'm not feeling Kat. I do not even like Cats. Just ask ours.
There you have it...try to absorb this.

6 comments:

Pedro Garcia Millan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I like it! But does this mean we can't call her Kat AT ALL anymore? I'm staring to forget what your kid's real names are! :-)

Ditta said...

Tink, who will always be boo to me (is still my girl), but Coco, ...theres a name. Sounds like a name for a future Olympian!

The Mrs. said...

You got a comment from Sunbury? I'm jealous and hurt. Where's the love?

Coco has my stamp of approval, for what it's worth.

Munchkin said...

Coco (last name) sounds like a stripper name

Who is Ditta? I've not heard that name before...

Tru Stories said...

Munchkin-I heart you less, now.