Thursday, October 29, 2009

Her husband is a lucky man.

Last week, The Kid came down with this 'fever' that is going around. No other symptoms, just a 3 day fever. This week Tink has it. When the Kid is sick he is sweet and pathetic, when Tink is ill, she is mean and even more Tinkish. She also will not eat. On her tiny frame losing a pound or two is significant.
Today, I decided to pull out the big guns and drive thru DQ for her fav 'french frides'.
We returned home and I prepared her 'sure to make her healthy with deep fried' meal on her Tinkerbell plate. Full mountain of ketchup gleaming and ready. That's almost a fruit.

Tink: I NEBER want dos french frides!!
Me: I want you to eat a couple because it will make you feel better.
Tink: I NEBER feel bedder!! I watch mine mobie.

She received the new Tinkerbell Adventure on opening day. We have watched it on repeat. Apparently, she has decided to succumb to the fever and if she is going down, she is sharing the end with Tinkerbell.
After a compromise (if compromise is defined as her telling me exactly what to do and me listening obediently) we decided I would hold her on my lap, while she ate.
The demands did not stop there. I had to feed her. Only, I could not be trusted to pick out the correct fries in the correct order. She would pick up her choice and hand it to me. I had to dip fry in the ketchup and wait for her head nod and then place the fry in front of her lips while she slowly nibbled each one. My posts are normally laced with sarcasm and exaggerations. Unfortunately, not this time. She actually handed me the fry to dip for her. I could have explained that taking me out as the middle man may get the fry to her mouth quicker but what's the point. She ate a few, only pausing to glare and grunt at her brother every time he attempted to speak to me. She was able to finish with a Reese's buttercup. Sit back and watch all those vitamins work their magic.
As this played out, I again sympathized with her future husband. After, he has legally made her his wife (and trust me, we will push for a VERY quick courtship and engagement) we will then explain what he has gotten himself into.
God help the man, once a 'month' or for an entire pregnancy. How often will he have to fetch her cravings and then hand feed her?
The Coach can give him a few pointers, Tink's mother was not a bucket of sunshine during her own pregnancies. But this girl puts my pathetic to shame.
Coach actually loves me the most while I am ill. He is attracted to my weakened state knowing I am too tired to sass back. Tink has not inherited this trait.
Have I mentioned there will be no labeling this girl as the 'docile and pleasing' middle child?

4 comments:

Munchkin said...

poor kid, both of them

The Mrs. said...

She's starting to make Punkin look like one of the Von Trapp kids.

Flag Girl said...

I can help with the quick courtship..ya know, think up nice things to say and stuff.

Anonymous said...

You want me to comment, but there are so many terrible things I could say about this post. Trust me, we would never talk again.

How's this. could you get some tink talk on tape so that we can listen to it 20 years from now? It is the best.

the commissioner