Friday, October 23, 2009

Little help, Mr. Darcy.

My husband and Tink are extremely unhealthy eaters. I have spent the better part of the last year (jazzed by the advice of Dr. Oz) desperately trying to improve their vitamin intake. The only green vegetable Tink will consume is a pickle and that is one up on her father. I may have purchased ground Organic Flax Seed and I may be hiding it in their pasta. (I can neither confirm or deny this information as Coach is convinced sneaking vitamins into his food is illegal.)
Yesterday, while browsing the Produce Section I found bagged fresh cranberries on a 2/For sale.
I love cranberry juice, they are very healthy and they are cute. We base much of our tasting on how cute food is. Our eyes have taste buds. Passed down from my mother, thank you. For example, why would anyone drink Mountain Dew, are you aware what that resembles in a clear glass??
Anyway..
After returning home I realized:
What the Bleep do you do with fresh cranberries??
Unless you are trimming a tree in a Jane Austin novel or decorating a festive floating candle arrangement....I'm out of options.
Have you ever popped a fresh cranberry in your mouth? Not as cute as I thought. Though, very entertaining after I tricked The Kid into trying one.
I will gladly accept advice on how to sneak, um..I mean, prepare a dish with cranberries.
I see no reason why anyone would need to discuss this post with The Coach. I find the less he knows, the easier he is able to skip through life.

3 comments:

Munchkin said...

mountain dew is my favorite drink...

it's on like donkey kong

The Mrs. said...

I believe I once prepared a dish that included a leafy green vegetable that Coach not only ate but seeked me out so he could rave about its deliciousness. Easter Sunday, Broccoli casserole. Granted, the bottle of cheez whiz and stick of butter sort of negates the health value of the frozen broccoli, but I say pick your battles. Also, perhaps it wasn't even Coach that enjoyed the side dish. As you well know there are an awful lot of people dining together at that event so perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me.

Anonymous said...

You are correct Mrs. Coach loves the Broccoli Casserole. He even requests it. It has to be the cheez whiz. The Enforcer could have convinced him it is Chinese food. He enjoys Chinese food.