Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thanks Dad...


Thanks, for letting me borrow the parking pass in college.
Thanks, for being Tink's gentle giant.
Thanks, for teaching My Brother how to box out.
Thanks, for knowing the words to every Willie Nelson song.
Thanks, for making The Kid the most perfect scrambled eggs.
Thanks, for letting me sneak out of that huge basketball camp, when I got nervous.
Thanks, for being able to whistle thru your teeth.
Thanks, for loving to travel and passing that to me and The Kid.
Thanks, for when you would 'cook' dinner on family pizza night (even though mom still made the phone call).
Thanks, for the year of the giant Christmas tree.
Thanks, for cutting down the tree two years ago so my own family could have 'The year of the giant Christmas tree Part 2'.
Thanks, for being the only person who kissed and hugged me BEFORE the baby after each of my kids were born.
Thanks, for always having every single tool Coach needs to borrow, and letting him borrow them.
Thanks, for passing down your height. It would be terrible if My Brother had gotten Mom's height.
Thanks, for every time you pretended to not know where our house was and 'accidentally' drove us to the candy store.
Thanks, for loving dogs (wish my husband did!)
Thanks, Dad.
Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one to add - Thanks, For throwing the pizza box into the road so we had something to laugh about through high school! HA HA!! (Sorry, I had to do it since I was there for most of the family pizza nights in high school.) Happy birthday to Jay!!
-Sarah

Tru Stories said...

I actually thought of that while I was typing this up! Maybe not one of my proudest memories..