Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Tinkeriffic Day for a Carnival

Tink celebrated her third birthday with carnival. I stole this idea from Melancholy Smile and edited it slightly to add more store bought sugar and less cute crafts. Cheap sugar is a Tink favorite.


We had roughly 716 children in our yard for the festivities. (only a slight exaggeration) Thankfully, we finally had a little sun. I'm not sure how we could have fit the entire event in our garage.


The Carnival included a Marsh mellow Race and a whipped cream Pie Eating Contest. A fan favorite with some of our older boys.



There was a Bozo styled Marsh mellow drop.


The kids were too cute after stopping by the face painting booth.





Donut on a String. I heard Tink cheated a bit. It's not nice to dangle donuts in front of her.


Approximately, 3 minutes after the last guest left, the Birthday Girl fell asleep sitting upright on the couch.

She woke up just in time to greet her last birthday well wisher. After a month vacation at My Brother's Boot Camp..."Her Desmond" has returned home.

Another birthday has come and gone. It was a huge success thanks to our wonderful friends and family. We appreciate all of their help, running booths and gathering kids. Tink is a very lucky girl to have so many special people in her life!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news for Grammy & Popop. We are back down to two dogs and one very mean cat in our house.

The Mrs. said...

Could that picture of Tink and her Desmond be any cuter?

Munchkin said...

will you guys throw my birthday party? and does desmond like other dogs? I know someone that would love to have a play date on Big Bad's farm...

Tru Stories said...

Munchkin-The entire town has seen you have fun at our parties. Please pick Desmond up at your convenience. And our cat was given by your mother from under her porch years ago. I'm sure he would appreciate a trip to him homeland.

Ditta said...

Any party with bags of marsh mellows and donuts on strings ROCKS!

Munchkin said...

wait that fun counts if I don't remember it? who knew?

I'll pick up Desmond in three weeks. Know that my dog may try and eat the cat when considering sending that with me. I'm not a fan.