Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Movie Review

Friday evening, The Kid and I went to the movies.
We left before dinner time and had a forty minute drive with white knuckles due to the typhoon that I did not predict when asking my son on a date. I adore our small town, but we could really use a Super Wal-Mart and movie theatre.
We arrived at the Food Court providing a minimum of 10 very appetizing locations and ate at...wait for it...McDonald's. Never get tired of that. I used to enjoy McDonald's before having children.
During our meal we discussed his week at school and all his friends. I made the mistake of setting up my ego for a huge blow, by asking him if he was excited about our date and had told his friends. Eyeroll, 'Mom...I told them I was going to a movie but I can't tell them it's a date with my mom. That's embarrassing.' Ouch. It is not cool in the Second grade to be with your mom. Probably not cool to use the word cool, either.
We did a quick stop at the Disney store to pick up Tink's bday gifts. The Kid MUST shop for the gifts he gives, or they are not really from him. Can't just attach his name, though it is totally acceptable to attach Coach's to something he has never seen. The Disney store worked it's Invisible Awesome Ray on us and sucked us deeper and deeper into the vortex of it's magical wonderness. Thankfully, because I found the elusive Tinkerbell house, hidden on a back shelf, last one in the store, on clearance. Huge score!
Fresh from my Disney victory, we headed to the theatre and purchased our tickets for a mere $21.75 and combo popcorn for $11.70. Feeling my age, I remarked that we could have just bought the movie from Wal-Mart 3 months from now and had money left over for Pizza Hut. (Comments such as these, make mothers not cool).
I have never been a fan of 3D movies, I actually did not 'Get them'. To me the old 3D movies had blurry red/blue lines. Apparently, things have been updated since the 70's and I embarrassed my child even more by repeatedly shrieking out loud 'Awesome' and 'Amazing' as cheeseburgers fell from the sky.
After an awkward moment of him being too young to use the public bathroom without parental supervision and the obvious gender difference...we white knuckled it back home.
We made another date to attend the 3D Christmas Carol, we saw in a preview. That fancy technology has hooked this old lady.

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

The previews for a Christmas Carol, where the whip nearly comes right out of the screen? Almost made me pee my pants. We should set a multiple mommy-kid date night for that show!

Tru Stories said...

How about when he turned around and you could see every creepy pore in his face? Multiple mom date is on!

Munchkin said...

its a good thing Tink can't read and umm... i don't have a kid, but, umm... can I come to the Christmas Carol? Iove that story

Tru Stories said...

Munchkin-You can pretend Tink and Punkin are your kids. You seem to have plenty in common.

Munchkin said...

lmao.... touche enforcer... touche