Thursday, October 8, 2009

All he wants for Christmas...


We began our day with one hanging witch's tooth and ended with a boy, who is smiling so hard from excitement you can barely make out the 2 missing teeth.

I can remember when he grew his teeth. With each new baby tooth came three sleepless night accompanied by an ear ache and usually a trip to the doctor. (Until, Eleven months when tubes were put in!!) At the time, all that work was the biggest thing happening in my life. My first baby, growing teeth. Writing the event down in the baby book, taking pictures and calling Grammy. Yesterday, after WEEKS of watching his hand in his mouth...he has gotten his wish to be toothless for Christmas. I can not imagine how many times we will sing that song this holiday season. The Kid was shaking with excitement, literally bouncing around after pulling the tooth. He couldn't wait to show us and have his picture taken. I'll admit that he is even cuter with missing teeth, I've always loved the look. When I kissed his big smile goodnite...I couldn't help feeling sad. Just another reminder how my baby boy is a big kid. I've spent the last couple months thrilled to watch Kat roll over, smile and soon, sit up. I forget that all of those accomplishments mean one day, I will be kissing her toothless smile.
I love you Kid, but slow down, just a little...please.

No comments: