Monday, February 1, 2010

I have missed you so....

Dear Lost-

Ah, my sweet companion, my friend, tomorrow you shall return to me. I can not describe how giddy I am, with anticipation. It has been a long absence and my television viewing pleasure has been 'Lost' without you.
I must confess, that seven months seemed a bit harsh. You really abandoned me. I have been flooded with emotions... longing, disappointment, bitterness.
Fortunately, Jax and the Sons of Anarchy were able to fill the void in my heart. And to say that my heart beats in the presence of Jax, is an understatement. (Sorry, Coach, to be so blunt. I hope you have not 'Lost' face.)
I can remember the first evenings we spent together. Five years ago, The Kid and I were drawn in by your charm. Charlie had a new 'Party of Several', on a tropical island, with a plane crash, screaming passengers and some type of invisible dinosaur. Each week, you entered our home like a mini-movie. Thanks to, first ancient VCR tapes and then DVR...we have not missed one episode.
Well, actually, you 'Lost' The Kid. Around season Three. Truthfully, you nearly 'Lost' me, but I remain loyal.
There were moments you tested my devotion. As Coach questioned for the fourth time in an hour, "Who is that? What decade are they in? Is he really an 'Other'? Is this a flash back or present day?"
And I would politely and calmly spaz back, "I don't know! I am also watching this episode for the first time! Surprisingly, I do not write or produce for ABC!! Stop asking me and Watch. The. Bleepin. Show!!"
I am not proud of those moments.
I have nearly 'Lost' my patience with you, muffin. Admittedly, I am often attracted to those who screw with my emotions. The up and down love triangles, sudden and shocking deaths/resurrections, the bizarre family connections. Though each week, confused, bruised and unsure, I return to you.
I have always appreciated your beautiful and lush scenery...Jack, Sawyer, heck even Kate's bottom in jeans...oh, and the breathtaking Hawaiian landscape. Though, please explain to me why lovable Hurley was unable to shed one single pound while stranded on the island. Dharma food stash or not.
Tomorrow will be a bitter sweet rush for me. For this will be the last season we share. I have so enjoyed your company, and yet like every great house guest, I am ready for you to quickly wrap your visit up with a neat little bow.
The time travel, Penny's crazy rich father, Dharma, will Kate pick Jack or Sawyer? I have so many questions.
Welcome back, my friend. I will try to have my rotten children in bed early so that I may rush, to your side. Four more glorious months together.
By the way, Coach will be there too. I will try to keep him quiet.
If you are an actual human friend of mine (thanks to my television blogging, it is painfully obvious that I do not have many) remember our home will be a phone call free zone at that time.
Similar to the one my father established during my childhood years, only this time due to a more sensible reason, than a boring ol' family dinner.
And Lost, please do not disappoint. Real life has cornered that market on past occasions, you are technically 'entertainment'....please do not fail to entertain.
With all my love-

6 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Lost, lost me in one of the first two episodes. Too much thinking for my TV viewing.

Munchkin said...

agreed

Andrea said...

we share your love of Lost. We watched every episode on DVD & are not quite sure how we be able to handle having to wait a week in btwn each episode.

Bookkeeper said...

I have found a kindred spirit at last! I too am a Lostie...although I stand alone at my house. It's hard to find people with the imagination or the open mind of time travel, smoke monsters or Jacob. Just remember, Lost will be with us always in DVD.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait, although I'll have to tape it (we're still in the dark ages here without DVR) -- Munchkin and Mr. MC can't handle it and the boys have to watch The Biggest Loser!!

Anderson Family said...

Your welcome for not calling during Lost. Three house of Lost. Glad there was not an emergency like your Dad did something funny I needed to share. Or, I forgot to discuss the People magazine I bought. I hope the show was everything you dreamed and even more.