Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another addition of 'Things I don't get'

I do not get...
(opinions are the author's, though you should really be aware, they are the 'right' opinions.)

1. Orange juice with pulp. Do you enjoy chewing your juice?
2. 4-6 inches of snow. Totally over it. Except, Tink declared this morning, "Tinkerbell fleb down last night and sprunkled pixie dust on da snowb!!". Dang it, then I did have to admit the snow was pretty.
3. Pineapple on pizza. Hey, let's just throw banana and apple on there and get real crazy!

4. Socks in bed. For that matter, socks with sandals, socks on during whoopie, socks during yoga, socks with holes in the toes, socks outside, socks on anytime during the months of May-September.

5. People who prefer Leno to Letterman.
6. John Mayer. Sure he can play the guitar...but come on, ladies?? Don't get the appeal.
7. Why, during my shower, Tink needed to stand on the other side of the curtain and list all of the people she knew who had butts. I tried to plead with her, EVERYONE had a butt...she rolled her eyes, belly laughed "Not eberyone, mom!" and again started listing one by one.
8. Hershey's Bars with almonds. As my mother wisely said, The almonds are just taking up chocolate's room.
9. Living in Minnesota. Unless your job forced you, otherwise...are you cold and miserable all the time?
10. The fact that the Superbowl entertainment gets more old and British every year. Is this not, America's sport? Are we so afraid of another side-boob flash that we would rather watch toothless, brittle Europeans pretend to play a guitar?
11. Why any able bodied person within 60 miles would not attend the 1955 Sock Hop...cuz it is going to be just that awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have an answer as to why for you, but we LOVE Lots of Pulp OJ in our house.

andrea said...

[last comment added by Andrea :)]

Flag Girl said...

(#4) I like socks....I just do.

(#7) Made me laugh out loud at my desk! That Tink...she's a smart one!

(#11) Definately agree!

Anderson Family said...

I don't get why anyone would miss the Sockhop.

Tina said...

As someone who lives in MN, I have to say that the summers really are beautiful....and the snowplows are much better than in IL. Plus, we have tax-free shopping on all essential items. Food? Check. Underwear? Check. New shoes? check. That's right, shop at the Mall of America and it is all tax-free.