Friday, February 12, 2010

Final 50's Flashback Friday!

Today, my brain is full of The Fifties...other women may be pondering their upcoming Valentine's Day.
Wondering about their sweetie and what kind of special gift they may receive.
I am SUPER excited to transport myself back to 1955 tomorrow night. That said, I am grateful that My Valentine and I will not actually be sharing this weekend 50 years in the past.

Reason #1. I am grateful that this is not the current picture of myself......




2.) Or that this is not the current picture of my husband....






3.) And that I will not be expecting the following gifts this weekend.....



(Though, let's be honest...a brand-new, updated Dyson...really is a gift filled with love.)

As I glance back at my final Flashback Friday and consider my (semi) modern marriage, compared to those 55 years ago.
I imagine it wouldn't kill anyone if Coach and I dressed better.
Or if I attempted to pretty myself up, when he stops home for lunch.
I really am a decent cook, but if dinner did happen to burn...Coach's reaction may be pretty similar to the Schlitz Ad ...and I wouldn't cry, while dialing the pizza place.

Mostly, I commend my grandparents and their generation.
Raising three children, is a job.
Raising 3 (or more!) children without a microwave, dishwasher, cell phones, air-conditioning, DVR or Happy Meals...would require way more than "Pep Pills" to keep my sanity.

I do not know how they did it, especially in nylons!

In closing:
I would like to thank our Relay team for all of their hard work and dedication. Please send us many happy thoughts for an extremely successful dance!


Tickets on sale all day...and at the door.
(last plug, I swear...)

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I do not remember my Mom being in a dress when my Dad came home for lunch. I do remember hours and hours and hours of ironing. I don't iron as much in a year as she did in a week. Keep in mind I was not born until 1958. I do not want to give up 3 years. I'm so excited for the dance!

The Mrs. said...

I'm saying this very, very quietly...

No puking at Casa de One Carbon Hill since 6 pm last night. A good sign I believe.

Now I'm praying that The General and I stay healthy for at the very least another 48 hours. Missing this dance would be downright devastating.

See you on the dance floor!