Thursday, February 25, 2010

In their professional opinion....

Tink had her preschool screening this week.
Here is the verdict.



Well, she is super cute and nearly gifted.
Duh, we know that.
Maybe they did not say 'gifted' but it was implied.

Here are her positives:
She is super cute. (I wanted to open with her strongest asset.)
She knew all her colors and numbers.
Her hearing was perfect. Which means, when you repeatedly try to say hello to Tink and she refuses to respond....she CAN hear you, she is just ignoring you. I know that must hurt, the truth usually does.
Eyesight perfect.
Hand eye coordination and playing skills, fine.
Her vocabulary is extensive and above average. (Us and every single person in Wal-Mart, already know that.)

Needs improvement category:

Problem: She would interact with the other children, but didn't side-arm hug or high-five them.
Their assessment: She was the only girl, in a group of boys. They assumed she was not comfortable, talking to the boys.
My assessment: She is a snot.

Problem: Her vocabulary is extensive but she could emphasize her T's and S's.
Their assessment: Not a problem, until the age 5.
My assessment: Who cares? Tink talk makes my blog cuter.

Problem: Even though, she very obviously knew the difference between brown and black she continued to call brown, black...every time.
Their assessment: Why does she keep calling it black, when she knows it is brown?
My assessment: She always does that. We don't know why. She will look you dead in the eye and lie about that color. Some call it Moxy, some call it Spunk and some call it being Tink.

Problem: She sat on the floor too often and had trouble riding the trike.
Their assessment: Buy her a bike, strengthen her legs.
My assessment:
First: That rickets joke, seems much less funny now.
Second: Her mother teaches yoga, we like to sit on the floor, judgemental bleepers.
Third: Maybe if EVERY single person in Tink's life wasn't ALWAYS carrying her around like she is 10 months old...her legs would get stronger! Coco is going to walk, before that girl.
Fourth: Maybe if she had normal size legs and could actually reach the peddles on a trike!
Last: Maybe, if FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD AND HOLY, it would stop snowing...we would buy her a trike. Until that day, Tink and I are under a blanket, on the couch.

Conclusion: She passed. She is wonderful. And she is already showing defiant signs of being Tink, for the rest of her life.

7 comments:

Anderson Family said...

That's our girl. You go Tink! Be who you are. Don't compromise for the system. Someone probably told Picasso his art was ugly. If you see brown and in your heart it feels black. Stick to your guns. Guilty as charged, I am one of the people that love to carry our Tiny Tink.

Tru Stories said...

Munchkin and little GG are still tiny, and people do not go around carrying them all the time. At some point, she has to learn to walk.

Anderson Family said...

No say dat to me.

Flag Girl said...

I do whatever Tink tells me to do, and she has told me to carry her at times (this is when she actually acknowledges me)so......Flag girl is guilty.

Munchkin said...

is your goal to offend me on all post comments? in addition, i would enjoy it if people would carry me around all the time... apparently i weigh too much

Tru Stories said...

Munchkin- I would never offend thee! I am very much a fan of all 3 of you tiny ladies and your strong and larger than life personalities.

I used to be a Hooker said...

Emerson also couldn't ride the trike and they dinged her for saying 'wamb' instead of lamb. lol. Actually, a. they said that trike is all metal and really heavy and b. that she can say wamb until she's seven.
So there. Our girls really are gifted.
I wonder what they said about Em's butt crack sticking out two inches the whole time? I didn't want to interrupt . . .
Also, she thinks that when I say 'thank you m'am' that I'm saying 'thank you man.' So she kept saying to the lady, "umm, man, I can't get this cow to stand up, man. Can you please help me, man." We think it's funny around here so we don't correct her, but it was HILARIOUS to hear her say it to a stranger.
I love this post :)