Monday, November 9, 2009

Turn the phone off.

Do you ever have a day, where you wake up and think.
Not today.
No thanks.
Not interested.
Do not shower.
Do not brush your teeth.
Do not pass go.
Turn the phone off.
Except to call Chinese.
Ask them to deliver to your bedroom window.
Bring 2 Dr. Peppers.
Watch five DVD's.
Maybe six.
Intermittently, nap 3-4 times.
Finish with a glass of wine, to help you fall asleep for the night.

Today, may be one of those days.

Why only spend the entire day in bed when you have the flu?
Why can't you stay in bed all day...
just cuz you have a bed?
There are starving people in Africa, without beds.
Shouldn't we appreciate ours?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you dealing with depression issues? It's acutually a pretty nice day today. Enjoy it!

Munchkin said...

"like" except I would switch out chinese for Olive Garden, extra breadsticks!!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to dream big of 2 days holed up in my bedroom. In my dream my house is cleaning itself while I hibernate. Grammy

The Mrs. said...

I would probably need to brush my teeth at some point and I'll take Grammy's idea of a self cleaning house. Should we make it a universal "take to your bed day"?

Anderson Family said...

We don't want "Take to Your Bed Day" to get too big. We should keep it local. Before you know it we will have to put up "Take to Your Bed Day" decorations and cook huge meals for family. Do not even want to think about all the "Take to Your Bed Day" cards we would need to send out.