Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I accept your challenge.

Following the "Life and Times", I am writing my Bucket List. With 3 children, this will NEVER be completed by my 40th birthday. I will settle for, in my lifetime.
Written here for you: Universe, God, Oprah, Coach...let's see if we can make this happen. Ultimate Christmas list?

1. Stand in the Sistine Chapel, while tears stream down my face.
2. Host a beautiful, candle lit Christmas Eve dinner, with my children, their spouses and my grandchildren.
3. Have a regular Girls Night Out.
4. Listen to Elton John sing 'Your Song', in person.
5. Order a meal, at a cafe in Paris, with near perfect French.
6. Lay on a beach in Jamaica.
7. Eat a Cajun meal, in New Orleans, with Coach, while drinking a cold one.
8. Have my son's wife, tell me I raised a respectful and loving man.
9. Be the first person my daughters call, to say they are pregnant. After they call their husbands, sometime following their 24th birthdays.
10. Take the kids to Disney World.
11. Stand in the Louvre.
12. Finish the back bathroom. (Coach, your list)
13. Celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in Ireland.
14. Have my flower gardens, the way I imagine!
15. Own my perfect yoga studio.
16. Go to the Oprah show.
17. Witness The Kid score 40 pts, with 10 rebounds, sprinkle in a few assists and one block, so hard core, the echo rings in my ears.
18. Experience a night, as awesome as our 1985 Relay for Life Prom.
19. Teach my girls that a broken heart, will not kill you.
20. Take my family to see mountains. Not that big rock, 20 miles from here.
21. Purchase great outdoor furniture.
22. Spend one day, totally alone, with Coco.
23. Go to The Letterman show.
24. Take the kids to Washington DC.
25. Find the perfect pair of jeans.
26. Years from now, have Coach ask "What we got going on today?" and answer "Nothing." And spend the day with him, doing absolutely, nothing.
27. Find time to draw again.
28. Plant a vegetable garden.
29. Go on a yoga retreat.
30. Have a girls weekend.
31. Purchase expensive bedding, that I melt into.
32. Spend a long weekend in Boston, visit the Green Monster, with 2 other couples.
33. Maintain detailed memory boxes and baby books, for each child.
34. Take the kids to a movie on Christmas night.
35. Buy a great sectional couch for Friday movie/pizza night.
36. Still find Coach funny when he is 75 and hope he thinks the same of me.
37. Teach children, The Beatles are the greatest band in the world, ever.
38. Find the perfect lipstick color.
39. Live a life, that will have people talking about something at my funeral... other tha beinng Coach's wife!
40. Smile more.

Thanks for the challenge, Mrs. I pass it on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you have to worry about number 39. There are many things that define you without including "sick." Wonderful Mom, artistic, creative, loving, smart, fantastic party planner! You are living the time I used to tell you about. I'm not just saying this because I'm your Mom. You make me burst with pride.

Munchkin said...

your ability to help plan decade-themed parties with free booze makes me burst with pride too

The Mrs. said...

Girls weekend - let's cross that one off together. Spa date in Arizona would cross off three for me. You in?