Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Deep thoughts from 'The Kid'..birthdays

Yesterday, during Coach's birthday lunch, I reminded (cute word for threatened) The Kid, his birthday was a week away. If he wanted his 'Big Surprise Day' we have planned, he had to make Coach's day special.
The following conversation took place at our lunch locale, the local truck stop.


Me: Behave nicely and try to remember, this is Dad's birthday, next week is your day.
The Kid: What am I doing for my 'Big Surprise'?
(I'm sure, he is judging, how nice he should be)
Me: You will find out, the morning of your birthday.
The Kid: How Big is it? Will I love it?
Me: Yes. It will be one of your best birthdays ever.
The Kid: Are you flying me on a vacation?
Me: Think smaller.
The Kid: I know! Did you hire a famous person to come to my party?
Me (dripping with sarcasm): You guessed it, Mylie Cyrus is coming to our house.
The Kid: No! I know, she's not. Is Taylor Swift?

He is VERY serious. He believes, there is no chance we can hire the Great Mylie, but I may have the power to get Taylor Swift.

Me: No, it costs thousands of dollars to get Taylor Swift to come to your house. Think smaller.
The Kid: Oh.... is it Zack and Cody?
Me: NO! Think, THOUSANDS, of dollars smaller!

Admittedly, obtaining Zack and Cody vs. Taylor Swift is probably, thousands less.

If my parents had told me, I was getting a 'Big Surprise' for my 8th birthday, I would have guessed: Eating at Godfather's, instead of delivery OR if things got really crazy, driving to the ghetto side of town and hitting up the Skating Rink.

Reason #259...my children are spoiled brats.

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

You poor thing. You forgot to mention your clothes coming from Farm & Fleet. It is amazing how you survived the poor conditions you grew up in.