Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Heart....Fall.

Fall is my favorite season. As we race into the winter holidays, I should send Fall a shout out. I am lacing my "I Heart" with pictures I took of the kids, on a perfect Fall afternoon.

I Heart...the transition from Shorts to Sweatshirts. Isn't life always better in a sweatshirt?
I Heart...the smell of fireplaces, in the air.
I Heart... the colors. (They have been beautiful this year. When it wasn't raining!)

I Heart...dressing my kids in Halloween T-shirts. (Though, orange and black were my school colors. Sometimes the reminder, gives me the heebie jeebies.)
I Heart...eating 8-10 (or more like 12-14) pieces of Halloween candy a day, for a week straight. Being shocked when I gain two pounds. Washing down that self hatred, with a bag of candy corn, I snagged on Halloween clearance. See you again next year, Lack of Self Control.
Maybe, I don't Heart that.

I Heart...Our Family birthday season. It is crazy. (Asked if the Kid could sign up for Saturday bowling league, I responded, 'No. He is in Saturday, Birthday Party League'). The cake doesn't hurt my mood. May contribute to those 2 pounds. Alright! It was 3, if you are going to harass me, over it!

I Heart...the festivals.
I Heart...football. The actual game, not fantasy. Is that becoming redundant?
I Heart...breaking out the hot cocoa.
I Heart...the new TV shows being back. Nice to see you, my friends. I was bored all summer, loving my children, in the evenings.
I hope you enjoyed your Fall. Unfortunately, the season is not, gently falling, into winter. More like leaping, jumping and pushing it's way in.
Do not, stay tuned, for the 'I Heart Winter' post.
Never gonna happen.

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I heart hot apple cider, of which I have not had in years. Must rectify this immediately.

I also heart that last picture of the kids. Totally frame worthy!

Munchkin said...

your kids are really cute, but anything that cause the temperatures to get colder can suck it

Anonymous said...

Yum -- hot apple cider!!! It's even better with that Red Hot stuff in it!!!

Munchkin said...

boozey

Anonymous said...

I heart how beautiful and happy my grandkids look. Great pictures!