Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How do I sleep at night?

I have mentioned, The Kid is enrolled in CCD classes. He will have his First Reconciliation (First Confession) in two weeks with Father. His First Communion will follow this Spring. I have also mentioned, I was not raised Catholic.
Last night, The Kid lost his cool and spoke very disrespectful.
I lectured, it is never ok to speak that way to your parents.
He was unimpressed.
Time for me to pull out the big guns.
For punishment, The Kid had to: Write out all Ten Commandments twice, write out the entire Act of Contrition twice, apologize and then call his CCD director (his Grandma) to discuss "Honor Thy Mother and Father".
If he was embarrassed to confess to Father the comments he made to me, he should not make them in the first place.

By Golly...I think I am really getting the hang of this whole Catholic thing.
God will smite thee?
Confessing your sins to thy Father?
Writing your prayers until your fingers ache?
Check, Check and Check.

And yes, Thank you for asking.
I do sleep well, wrapped up nice and tight in my hypocrisy.
My head does lay comfortably on my abuse of power.
Yada, yada.

5 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I love to stop by your house on my way home from work for quality time with The Kid. Years from now you and I will be able to recall that fit of his and still laugh.

The Mrs. said...

You make converting sound very enticing. Or maybe I'll just take lessons from you. I like your style.

Flag Girl said...

Do you think dad will read this one to GG or just tell her you didn't write anything today?

Tru Stories said...

oh, great comment, Flag Girl.

Anderson Family said...

Made me lol Flag Girl!