Monday, November 9, 2009

My husband's birthday


Poor Coach, takes a lot of heat on this blog. For his birthday, I should probably remind people, I actually like him. A few ideas came to mind.

I could list why I love him. (and risk making his siblings puke)
I could list everything great in our lives together: our kids, etc. Boring.
I could thank his parents for what a great man they raised. (again,with the puke)

Really, the reason I fell for him, is very simple and always will be.

Thank you, Coach.
For every single time, you have made me laugh.
You light me up.

Happy Birthday.

"Show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream" she said
"The one that makes me laugh," she said
And threw her arms around my neck
"Show me how you do it
And I promise you I promise that
I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you."
Spinning on that dizzy edge
I kissed her face and kissed her head
And dreamed of all the different ways I had
To make her glow
"Why are you so far away?" she said
"Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you
That I'm in love with you"


I would run away with you.
Really, say the word. I'm ready...


Sharing this day, Happy Birthday to my god-mother.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Happy Birthday Coach! My gift to you is free babysitting for a year. Have a great day!

The Mrs. said...

Grammy, my birthday is next month. In case you haven't gotten me a gift yet you can stop looking. You've already found it (our girls love the Coach's kids so it will be an easy gig).

Happy birthday, Coach!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Coach!!