Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What happened?

A long time ago, in a land far, far away... I used to be an artist who drew beautiful pictures, I could read and speak French, I wore make-up, spoke to girlfriends on the phone for hours about nothing at all, dressed nicely and went out, read 3 books a week for no reason and slept. I slept.

Now: I have spent the last 24 hours trying to help the baby pass gas.

I kid.... that is not the only thing. I have also made 3 peanut butter sandwiches, 4 grilled cheese, filled the dishwasher, cleaned the bathroom and sprinkled in a little laundry.
If you are childless....consider this a warning.

Update: Within minutes of posting the above, the baby took care of her 'stomach ache' all over her new outfit, my NOT new outfit and then her sister's bed. I immediately bathed her, picked her up and she simultaneously puked and peed on me. (thankfully, I had not changed my outfit). Furthermore my husband is spending the evening at the Cubs game, first row, dugout seats. Who says God isn't a man and doesn't have a sense of humour?

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

Ugh. We don't get paid nearly enough for things like this. I say we go on strike!