Friday, September 18, 2009

Reason #326 that it is easier to be the daddy...

...daddy's do not clean scrapes, force meds into mouths or cake on the neosporin. Daddy's rush in and snatch up sick little kids and cuddle them to bits. At least the daddy in this house.
Upon further review, I may be changing my story on the wounds. As the cuts become more pronounced, the swelling subsides and I continue to replay the morning in my mind (please, god, let that stop soon)....I am not entirely sure he actually bit her. I now remember the cat was sitting above her head on the back of the couch. The dog is very protective of 'his Tink' and I wonder if he didn't accidentally claw her with his paw, while going after the cat. The 3 perfect up/down wounds look more like that, than teeth marks.
Unfortunately, Tink is too traumatized to remember and I had my back turned at that second, so we will never know. As a result, we still have a decision to make in regards to the dog, our tiny girls and the safety of the dog around a very frantic Coach.
The dog must stay at my parents for 8 more days and after things have calmed we will decide.
In the mean time, our small town Fall Festival is well under way and my poor Tink is convinced that it begins tomorrow rather than last night. I hope she has a great day of healing and can have a little fun tomorrow. Mommy too....I could use a break from nurse duty.
So for now...happy thoughts: corn dogs, crafts, Ferris wheel and probably the purchase of ANY toy that tiny voice asks for.

This photo contains our drama's main characters...several months ago.

No comments: