Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm going to break her....


...like a tiny pony who is mean and sometimes bites your ankles.
I have put this off all summer (due to the newborn) and waited an extra week for the Chicago trip. I was not going to take her into any random Chicago bathroom. I prepped the Doctor to give her a big lecture this week and we were to Wal-mart to buy a new seat for the big potty, in addition to her own potty.
The time has come. I am going to potty train Tink. Mind you she is the eldest of the 5/6 friends and cousins all born in her school year. Each has been trained in front of Tink, with her leaning over to watch and then clapping proudly at their accomplishments. She is very excited for Eleven and her progress and happily took Eleven's left over pull ups without a tiny dent in Tink's pride. Sure Tink has done both deeds herself in the potty, randomly and at her own accord. Calling Grammy and Dad to demand a candy bar or toy. She wakes up in the morning dry and has played several 'who can blink first' games with me, staying on the potty up to 57 minutes (I timed) without completing the assignment. But I say, NO MORE.
In one short hour this morning the following dialog as taken place, (Picture the cutest little voice on full scream):
Tink: No put dat pink potty on daddy's toe-it!
Tink: No take my diaper off
Mom: It is time to be a big girl like Eleven. Is Tink a baby or big girl?
Tink: Stop say dat to me!! (Finger point, feet stomping)
Tink: No me a big girl!
Tink then stomps into her bedroom to find her own clean diaper and opens it on the floor, sitting down on it and crossing arms.
I put potty in living room in front of TV.
Tink: No put dat potty in here!
Finally, sits on potty. 30 min later, still nothing. Maybe I should take off the soft comfy seat. Make it more old fashioned, not soft enough to recline back and watch cartoons.
I can't really blame her. Who wouldn't prefer to watch 3 hours of morning TV, clutching your chocolate milk and never pausing for a restroom break?
One hour and 15 min passed, still in the buff....still nothing.
Who do we think is more stubborn and more mean? Me or Tink? This will just be the first of MANY battles her and I will face. Imagine wardrobe, dates, smart mouth...I have allot riding on Kat to be the sweet one.
And yes...that is what her hair looks like in the AM. Actually, that looks pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stand up sweet pea, pull your p-ss- lips open let me see where I want to lick you