Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Something to think about

While watching the open of the MTV awards with the kids, (Yes, slowly take that in....their dad was working and I figured the kids could use a little culture.) we prepared for Janet Jackson to start a tribute to Michael. This conversation took place as she began her number.

The Kid: Is that Janet Jackson?
Me: Yes
The Kid: Are you sure because I think it looks like Michael Jackson.
Me: They are brother and sister. They look alike.
The Kid: But I think they may be the same person, because he looks like a girl and she kinda looks like a boy.
Me: They are not the same person, she is his sister.
The Kid: Are you sure he is dead? Because they look like the same person.

I'm thinking this conversation has taken place many times before. Maybe this is how Elvis sightings started. Soon after that, I flipped it to the Bears game.

When I picked The Kid up from school the next day, he told me that his friends at lunch said Lady GaGa stabbed herself while she sang. I said those kids should have been in bed. End of explanation.
He has to be in 5th grade to discuss Lady GaGa. Culture needs some guidelines.

No comments: