Sunday, September 6, 2009

My hope for you:


Yesterday Coco was baptized. We chose to give her 3 god mothers. An unconventional move and a tiny bit confusing to some but we loved this idea. We chose 3 special women we love, who were important to our lives and will be influential in her life. All 3 of these women have unique traits that combined, give Coco something to emulate while growing into a woman.
Doc, Flag girl and Duff's wife. (who right now does not have a cute nick name!)
Coco's older sister Tink has plenty of confidence and spunk, actually she could maybe scale back a touch. My hope for Coco is that she shares this and more.
Coco my hope for you:
Is that you are a strong woman, full of spirit. I hope your beauty is matched by your heart. I hope your intelligence allows you not only a brilliant career but the ability to carry a smart and witty conversation. I want your personality to be strong, unique and shine every time you walk into a room. I hope you stand proud.. never timid, have perfect posture and carry yourself with grace. I hope you are a reader like your Grammy, have strong faith like both your GiGi's and have the desire to mother many like your Grandma. (Because I will LOVE being a Grammy). I hope you never wear too much make up, your hair is more manageable than Tink's and you wear that aqua color again, because you are beautiful in it! Dance often, smile more than your mom, take a great photograph and sing too loud when you drive.
All of your God mothers have sisters they adore. I hope so very much that you and Tink follow in this example. I hope you are friends, who are just as excited for the other's accomplishments as if they were your own and call each other just to chat and never out of obligation.
I love you so very much. Seeing you dressed up with your new jewelry made my heart soar. You have completed my family. I was waiting for you, my baby, to finish my perfect trio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I did not know & love Kat's Mom I would think those are some impossible dreams. Kat is very lucky to have many wonderful women in her life for role models. I'll add another wish for my beautiful granddaughter, I hope laughter comes easy for you. Have a great sense of humor. Our Kat, you are loved by many!

The Mrs. said...

This is beautiful. What a lucky girl Kat is to have three amazing woman as Godmothers (and even luckier for having such an incredible mommy).