Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm going to break her....Part Deux

Tink peed on floor.
Eleven stops over. Spots the potty in the middle of the room. Goes about sitting on it and getting both her business done.
Tink's reaction, pure excitement and joy for her cousin. Claps her hands, jumps up and down, praises her and runs to fetch her some TP.
Eleven swept up in the excitement asks me for candy (something I'm sure she is not still receiving at home for every potty) but in this house...always. Also, a great opportunity to teach my candy lover a lesson.
Open the drawer and dramatically hand Eleven a big Hershey's kiss. Tink and Eleven shaking in excitement of chocolate. Tink extends her hand...
Mom: No candy. You went potty on the floor. Eleven is a big girl and went in potty.
Tink (SHOCKED!): No say dat to me! I can't potty. I want candy! I can't!
Eleven walks arrogantly out the door with grandma.
Tink: Bring dat candy back!
Grandma leans in for kiss good bye...good luck....totally denied.
They walk away.
Tink shrieking: Bring dat candy back! Mine candy!
Mom: You need to go in potty.
Tink: NO SAY DAT TO ME!!!
Runs away.
Score four hours into training.
Eleven: 1
Tink: 0
All carpet located under Tink: -1
Spot Bot carpet cleaner warmed up and ready to go.
PS- Commissioner please come clean out this potty your daughter used.

3 comments:

MelancholySmile said...

Oh my goodness, why is it always so much funnier when reading about someone ELSES kid being potty trained? I HATE potty training. It always involves weeks of accidents, tantrums, and tears. And that's just me. :)

The Mrs. said...

I'm officially adopting Tink's phrase of choice. "Mommy, I'm hungry". My response, "No say dat to me!". Will work also on requests relating to wanting to go to the park & fighting between sisters I assume.

It will happen, I promise. Just keep telling yourself that if Punkin can potty train so can Tink (all on their own terms unfortunately).

The Commissioner said...

Here's the score in my book right now:
Tink - 1
Mom - 0
Commissioner - 1 ( I didn't have to clean the toilet)
But the real winners are the people that read this blog.