Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To my Community:

Just a Quick Warning:

I have submitted my name to the Oprah Show, for tickets during the month of November.
It is possible, I may receive a last minute phone call, naming me the lucky recipient of my dream. (honestly, it is a dream!)

To the members of my Yoga Class:
Absolutely, yes, I will dash off to Chicago, without so much as a 'Class Cancelled' note on the door. Maybe, we should consider establishing a Phone Tree. I may have a chance to call from the road (No texting, Oprah). Though, dialing may be tricky, with the extreme shaking of my hands and/or entire body, from the excitement.

To my Children:
You know where, the granola bars are kept. The Kid... I trust you to change a diaper. Probably, I should teach you Grandma's phone number. You may want to call her, if you see your mother dash from our home, in a blur of screams.

To my Wardrobe:
You are most definitely, not suitable. It would be smart, to purchase a complete outfit, to hang Ready, in my closet.

To My Husband:
If, there is a chance you have hand-written Oprah the most heart-felt, appealing, eye-watering letter.... that Oprah's Cameras will Surprise! arrive at my doorstep, to whisk me away on a Spa-filled day, before her Favorite Things Show... I would sincerely appreciate a little Head's Up. So that I may actually shower and dress myself before Noon (3:30pm) and freshen up the kitchen from breakfast (night before's dinner).

To The Oprah Show:
I have dreamt of you! If I am selected, it will be a monumental knock off my Bucket List.
That said, I'd really love a taping of the complete reunited cast of Friends, or maybe Brangelina's first interview. Certainly, I will not turn away a Free trip or even a Book club selection... but I am kinda hoping to Not attend the taping of a Child Rape survivor or an Episode of Homeless Children.
For Two Reasons.

A.) Those shows make my stomach turn. I applaud your effort to rid the world of Evil, but sometimes I do not need to know, people can be so disgusting.

B.) It will seriously, be Super Awkward, if the camera scans the crowd, as the Child recounts her tear-filled story... and I am caught smiling at Oprah, like a stoned-love-sick-puppy. It would be hard to explain, the lack of control, over my own emotions.

So here we go....
Fingers crossed.

PS Oprah: I NEVER believed, Gayle was your secret girlfriend. But if she is, I am totally cool with that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear My Stupid Job, Coach, My Grandkids, Hubby:
Don't call me for back-up. If she goes, I go too. She inherited the Oprah gene from me. Coach, if you wrote a heartfelt letter I know it is probably about what a wonderful mother & Grammy I am. Do you need my work address for the show to find me?
Oprah - I have never believed any gossip about you. You are the best. I watched you from the beginning. I DVR you now. That is why I have DVR. See you soon! I just bought a beautiful blue shirt. Coincidence? I don't think so. Blue shows well on the Oprah show.

North of 10th said...

Page Turner has been polling which Oprah you'd rather have dinner with, Fat (gasp!) Oprah or "skinny" Oprah. She may have just angered the Oprah gods for ya Tru Stories.

Dear Oprah,
I do not distinguish between your poundage, I'd have dinner with ya either way.

The Mrs. said...

A trip to the Oprah show in her final season? I. WOULD. DIE. But feel free to pick me up on your way north anyway. It would totally be worth it.