Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not Enough Buttercups.

After a pretty hard-core weekend, of my children ditching me and vice versa....
we super-over-loaded FamDamly Time on Sunday.
We had a pretty strict schedule of Fun-ness that needed to be attended too.
A Big Ol' Party, hosted by the our Dear/Crazy/Overambitious Friends. Forty-Nine children attended. Seriously. That was Forty to the Nine. Children under the age of Ten.
As an official Station Manager, I needed to arrive by 11:45am. Therefore, Costume Preparations for my three children began more than an hour prior.
First picture snapped....
11:20am.
AM stands for Morning.
Before noon, on Halloween.




(Pink Sparkle Rockstar Fairy)

(Blue Alien)

(I Spy a Pumpkin Rockstar Fairy. I also Spy my little, last Baby... Running. And totally Growing Up.)

(Trick or Treat Grammy! Oh Pop-pop, are you still enjoying your morning Coffee..? Bewildered as to why Halloween begins before Noon, on Sundays?)

(My Station. Scary Door Hangers.)

After a VERY Packedtothebrimwithfun 3 hours... we began our Trick Or Treating. Our Town opted for an Afternoon Tricking Hour. We were missing a teeny bit of the Spooky Feel, I remember as a child. My childhood was filled with gloves, shaking teeth and parents with winter coats... not so much, sunglasses and sweaty little kids.



(We trekked way across town, to Aunt Flag Girl's. She allowed the kids to dig Handfuls of Candy. Remind me to Thank-you later, for the tight jeans.)





At least one hour into the official Treating....
both Fairies were napping on couches.


(I honestly, could have taken pictures of these wings, All Day Long.)

Probably, our most successful Halloween, to date.
Thanks for another awesome Party, Julie Dr!
Tru Stories (Aka Super Mom) threw a Turkey in the CrockPot. After the children OD'd on Candy, I counteracted the sugar with a little Turkey/Sleepy Time Dinner.
Hopefully, their very tired parents, will be napping on the couch, sooner than later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I now love wings more than animal ears on children. I think I love wings more than tails on children. The Fairies were soooo cute!!! And The Alien even enjoyed Halloween. That was something new.

Anonymous said...

sorry I missed you rockstar fairies and blue alien. I guess living in the country leaves us out when starting early. I do think you looked just as cute in your pjs.Hope the sugar let you sleep. Love, Gramma G & Grampa Art

MelancholySmile said...

If your kids are anything like mine, they're still wearing those wings today! L refuses to take off his "ooby doo' costume no matter what I say. I love this age.

Andrea said...

you better get Coco micro-chipped, I will steal her!

Anonymous said...

The party wouldn't have been a rockin' success without your help--Thanks