Friday, October 1, 2010

Grab a tissue...

Hey Pop-pop:

I guess it's sorta alright,
that you contributed to giving me life.

I guess it's sorta alright, that you helped raise me.

I guess it's sorta alright, that you taught me to wrangle up Christmas trees, three times too big for our living space.

I guess it's sorta alright, The Kid has inherited your love for travel, history and geography.... though sometimes, while he is carrying around an Atlas,
it feels less right.



I guess it's sorta alright, that you were the first baby to fill my home with tiny giggles.

I guess it's sorta alright, that you helped introduce my family to the Rocky Mountains.



I guess it's sorta alright, that you adore my girls, as much as I remember you loving me....at least until I entered Junior High and became slightly unlovable!

I guess it's sorta alright, you adopted my dog.

I guess it's sorta alright, I have obviously, inherited your Gushing Greeting Card Kind-of Affection.
We are not exactly hugging type of people.

If we were,
I would probably consider hugging you today.
Happy Birthday, Dad.
I guess, I sorta appreciate you.

3 comments:

Milhouse said...

HBD, Poppop!!!
You're still my plan B!

Unknown said...

Easy for you to put into writing now that you know you don't need a Plan B Milhouse!
Happy Birthday Husband!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Pop pop. Thanks for getting together with Grammy and providing us with a lovely daughter-in-law and three wonderful grandchilden. Have a great day!!Gramma G