Friday, October 15, 2010

Dear: My Tinkerbell

During my ultrasound, after realizing you were a girl....
I was bummed.
Can you even imagine?
I had expected (and wanted!) a houseful of boys.
I believed, it would be too difficult to raise a little girl. What if she was girlie? I do not speak 'Girl' very well. Or worse... What if she was her Mother's Daughter?! We would eat each other alive.
One quick trip to The Gap and Grammy and I were OveR being bummed. Baby Gap is much cuter in Pink.
Now:
I am a mother, to 2 daughters.
I have a Pink room, filled with adorable Pink clothing.
And...
You are most definitely, your mother's daughter.



Physically, you share your Father's DNA.
And yet, your quirks, mannerisms and personality...
are mine.
Except, the 'Oddities' inherited from 'that family'. I'm sure they may find it adorable that you only eat Carb-filled garbage. You hate to swim, do not enjoy popcorn and would rather not befriend an animal.
Otherwise, like me:
You are selective with your love.
After it is earned... your loyalty is strong.
You resist kisses.
Your Smile is elusive.
You are shy and quiet...
until comfortable, when you shine.
You prefer the Couch.
You would live in your jammies.
We like our home. Our safety net. We 'get' each other. We give space in the morning and cuddle up tight, late into the evening.



You will not 'play nice' but you are kind.
You are funny. We like Sunglasses, chillin with our thoughts, chocolate milk, planning parties, taking walks and... Dairy Queen, cookies and candy can be eaten ANY time of the day.



You are Mommy's Girl but you are so very much more, than I.
You are so unknowingly beautiful.
Your voice is a fierce, tiny bird.
Your eyes, filled with answers.
Your feet, legs and button nose are Too Cute.
You draw people in.
People strive to be a part of your Tinkerbell allure, your mysterious sparkle and your fought-for acceptance.
I want to take you every where. Fold you up in my pocket. Listen to your chatter, share in an eye-roll and soak up your magic.
You. Make. Me. Happy.
End of Story.



My 'Middle Child' is No Filler.
You are the Double Stuffed Creme, of our Family.
Thank-you...
for making us 'more'.
for keeping things 'interesting'.
for your unpredictable imagination.

You have taken my breath away. Carrying your tiny, warm body to bed each night, is the best part of my day. I am a Mother to a Daughter.
You are special. You are Unique. You are Extra.
Happy Birthday, Tinkerbell.
I do Believe, in Fairies!

Mostly,
I Believe in you.

11 comments:

Flag Girl said...

Happy Birthday Tink! Can't wait for your Tinkerbell party! Sprinkle me with Pixie dust!!

Unknown said...

I wondered how would I ever love a 2nd grandbaby as much as The Kid. That answer came as soon as I saw my tiny Tink. You are the sparkle we were waiting for and did not know we needed.
You are powered by Pixie Dust!!

milhouse said...

I also think i want a house full of boys... after this...maybe, a girl wouldn't be so bad. "double stuffed creme' I love it.
happy birthday precious tink!

Munchkin said...

i thought her birthday was sunday and thats why we couldn't go sunday

Munchkin said...

oh happy birthday tink... someday i would like to be "in"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Tink. We enjoy your ignoring us in the AM and then that little smile as the hour gets later. Love when Mom and Dad are not around and you choose to cuddle with me. You are # 11 and we love you as much as #1. See you at the party. Love Gramma G

Doc said...

Happy birthday Tink!! Can't wait to celebrate with you!! love Clark, Doc, #4,#5,#8

Tru Stories said...

Yes, her actual birthday is on Sunday, Munchkin...
It's just some of us, who write blogs, like to make our followers happy, by posting something new for 'weekend' reading.

ct said...

today is the day! this godmother is anxiously awaiting a "girl" day.....as i do have that house full of boys! ;)

tink provides me with the opportunity to buy pink! i especially love her for that.

love you tink, happy birthday! :)

Coach said...

Happy birthday Sunshine, don't tell The Kid and Coco, but you are my favorite. You are just like your mother, hard to win but easy to love.

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Tink...whether or not you grow up to be a fairy princess or a Hitler youth...I will love you from afar.