Thursday, October 7, 2010

Quickly Fly away!!

It is officially Fall. Yesterday, our Neighboring Snowbirds flew South for the Winter. I'm sure the departure was bittersweet. Leaving their hometown and yet, moving on to warmer weather.
I am sure they also felt a tiny bit of disappointment. Yet another year has passed with their Neighbors, proving to be no more responsible, than the year before. Each Spring they nervously drive home, fingers crossed 'This Year', will be the 'The Year' we actually present our yard to the town with the teeniest bit of Pride.
Sorry, to once again, disappoint thee.

We really did Try (not really.)
We worked so hard on the flowers
(I planted one planter.)
We are just too busy (I don't even leave the house.)
We just know nothing about growing anything!
(My grandmother practically wrote books on flowers and Coach's Dad actually grows food for a living.)
Poor Coach works such long hours.
(He plays Softball 22 hours a week.)
At least it doesn't directly affect other people.
(We sit on a giant corner lot and you could hear the neighborhood property values dropping, if my naked kids weren't running wild in the yard.)
I promise, we will do better next year!
(We've all heard that before.)

Have a wonderfully warm Winter (while we all freeze our bleepers off) and I promise to sweep your curb for you, while you are gone (right, I don't even sweep my kitchen floor...)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

At least you won't surprise them with another baby crawling around the yard when they get home next year. You won't, right?

Anonymous said...

Hey, we love your comments. These snowbirds also admire their neighbors and their busy little family. See you in the spring.
The Street Sweeper

The Brides Father said...

Its great to see kids outside playing, instead of glued to the TV...I think the coach needs 2 more kids to make a full basketball team.

Tru Stories said...

I think the Bride's Father is CRAZY! Coach and his wife, are very VERY done.
Happy to see Comments from BOTH of my neighbors! Totally made my day.