Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Race Update

The Dreaded 5Mile is exactly 2 months away.
I am sure, many of you, are interested in my tough training regimen and as to never disappoint...I felt an update was in order.

(It is funny to me that I titled this a 'Race' Update, implying I may actually 'Race' anyone to the finish.)

Time until the Dreaded 5Mile: 2 months
Time passed since I announced my ridiculous intention to participate:
7 weeks-ish

Books purchased on Running a 5K: 2
Pages read in either book: 0

Time spent in the company of those discussing the race: MANY hours

Shorts purchased to possibly wear:
2. They are cute. I need matching tanks.

Time spent on treadmill: maybe 2 1/2 hrs
Minutes, of those hours, spent actually running:
14 minutes.
Divided into 3 separate occasions.
Weeks apart from each other.


Degree of Runner's High, I experienced:
None, I felt sweaty and confused.

Time spent walking on the street/outside terrain:
One block, dropping Tink at preschool, twice a week.
Time spent running on street/outside terrain:
None
(dang people, I do not run in public!)


The degree to which I was inspired to train more, after The Commish and Warhol recently participated in another 5Mile:
None. As a matter of fact, I felt less uninspired. If that is possible.

Confidence that I will finish all 5Miles:
100% (that is where my ride will be waiting)

Confidence that I will finish in a Respectable time that will not embarrass Coach and our children:
I don't know, maybe 18%. Is that too high?

As you can see, training right on schedule.
Actually, I may be a little ahead of the game.


Coach's Update:

Occasions he has been running:
Twice

Shoes purchased for the event:
1 pair, contemplating another

Expectation that he will probably better his original superflyawesome time:
Inevitable.

Amount people hate him: Lots.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Number of times The Mrs. almost threw up in her mouth a little bit realizing the race is only two months away: Three.

Seriously, what were we thinking when we agreed to this ridiculousness? I liked it better when the family sat around telling drinking stories and tales of the Dairy Queen. This new found desire to be fit and trim is disturbing.

Anonymous said...

Very disturbing.