Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, my Baby.

One week, before I 'officially' knew I was pregnant, I dreamt of you.
I had the most vivid dream. I was on the driveway. It was summer. A small, little girl was running away from me. Just before I woke, she turned towards me....she had brown, curly hair falling down her back, dark eyes, full cheeks and the most beautiful, bright, happy smile, I had ever seen.
When I woke, I secretly knew, I was pregnant. And I knew, that little girl would be my baby. I just felt it.
For nine, long months, I kept that vision with me. I held very tight to that dream, like a security blanket. One year ago, I closed my eyes, pictured that smile and prepared to meet, My Baby...My Dream.



Growing you, took a little effort.
Actually, quite a bit of effort.
Thankfully, bringing you into our world, was nearly effortless. The moment you arrived, I felt complete. I held you and could not let you go.
Literally.
I slept with you for one full month. I just could not, share you. Your breath, comforted me.
I needed you, as much as you needed me.



Immediately, I recognized you, from my dreams. Your lips, are breathtakingly beautiful. Your smile, will light up a room. Your joy, whispers a melody, to those near you.
The Kid, demands love and fiercely, loyally, delivers it in return, ten-fold.

Tink, prances about, dusting her world with tiny but potent pixie dust, lifting our spirits.

While you, have quietly, placed a small piece of Coco Chocolate Sweetness, in our hand.
We are gently, carefully, softly holding it, as not to let it melt.



You look like Mommy, but your personality is shine-ningly Daddy.
You are sweet, sunny and merry.
Your presence makes our home, softer and more Coco Cuddly.
The Kid, wants to bottle your laughter.
Daddy would actually chew on your cheeks, if possible.
Tink....well...sometimes she seems to notice you are here. And when that happens, she seems pretty happy about it.
And, Mommy?
What do I think, about my baby?



Each holiday, that has passed this year, has been the most comfortably, wonderful of my life. To say, that you have completed my family, is an understatement.
I feel content and whole.
Your love, was my last puzzle piece.
My sunset, my last bite of Cadbury cream egg, my Book End.
My final warm, rich drink of Cocoa, on a winter night.
My Cup was full, with The Kid.
It runneth over, with Tink.
And now, with you, my heart is painfully, happily just.can.not.eat.one.more.piece.of.birthday.cake..Full.



I love when you wiggle, when you kiss, when you hug tightly and pat my back.
I love when you help me yell at the older kids.
I love when you wake, with a bright smile.
I love how you have Totally Fallen, for the outdoors. How you are a TomBoy...ready to crawl in the mud and play in the grass.



I love that you are a sister. You look at your Tink, full of adoration. And yet, you are not going to take her cr@p! You are bravely pushing and screeching back.
Maybe, you did not get that trait, from Daddy!



I believe, you actually turned One last week. (You are so very advanced!) Your hair began to curl, your face became just a little more Toddler-ish and your Big Girl attitude, woke way up.

I wish, I could type,
'I am sad my baby, is turning One'.
I just can not.
I know, one day, I will regret this thought.

But, I am just so excited. I am so very happy to meet you. To learn you. To experience your everything. To absorb, each and every head-turning smile, that is leading me to that little girl, in my dream.
You are, a dream realized...and so very much, more.
Thank-you, for finding me.

I love you.
Happy First Birthday, Coco.

6 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Sometimes when I hold you I am transported back in time to holding your Mommy. Except you hug, kiss, and cuddle way more than she did. We are so happy you came into our lives. Happy Birthday Beautiful Coco! Love You So Much, Grammy

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Coco!!! Have fun tonight - I'm glad we could share your last evening of babyhood together. Love always #1

The Mrs. said...

It was an honor to be present as we celebrated your birthday tonight, Coco. Your bright smile as you dove into your cupcake made my night. Happy birthday, little one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Coco!!

Flag Girl said...

Happy Birthday Coco! I love me some Coco whenever I get the chance!
Love you!!!!

Anderson Family said...

Flag Girl, did you not get the notice. Coco's birthday is the 18th.