Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day.

A nearly perfect Mother's Day.
I began my weekend of presents, by giving one to myself.
We planned a Girl's Night, full of friends, sister-in-laws and godmothers. We ordered plenty of chips and drinks, laughing until the lights were turned off and the vacuums came out.
Pretty clear hint, they were ready for us to leave.

(Photo taken at the VeRy end of the NiGht.)

While Girl's Nighting it up, Coach took all three children, in search of the perfect perfume. The Kid and him had a difference of opinion on which Chanel was most 'Me' and purchased both.
Win for me...not so much for Coach's wallet!

Early, Sunday morning, Coach wrestled the kids out of bed and (shuffled them groaning) happily skipped them, to 8:00am Mass. Leaving Mom to sleep in.
He checked to make sure I did not want to attend, to receive my Mother's Day Blessing,
I replied "I'm good.... bring me back a Bacon/Egg/Cheese from McDonalds."
Sounds like a blessing to me!

Later, Coach left to tend Bar, leaving me and the children to our day.
We called Grammy, told her to get ready and drove to the nearest Barnes and Nobles. First, grabbing shakes at Steak N Shake.
Again, Happy Mother's Day to me.





We purchased too many books. Several for the kids.
Happy Mother's Day to them.

Headed back home to rest.
Except wait, we needed dinner...and why start cooking or consuming a nutritious meal at this point?
So we loaded up the van, grabbed Flag Girl and Three and headed to the bar for pizza. Catching a few brief peeks at Daddy.
This was my very first Mother's Day with Coco and what better way to share this moment, than to showcase her first dance on the Bar.
I am a proud mother.


(Maybe, the horizontal stripes, are not the best idea.)

A nearly perfect weekend.
All it needed, was just a little more Coach.

I would like to wish a VERY Happy Mother's Day to the women in my life.

To my girlfriends: I appreciate you.
To my extended in-law cousins: You make me smile.
To my sister-in-laws: You are the sisters, I have always longed for.
To my children's Godmothers: They are blessed to have you.
To Lil GG: You have a strong heart and a kind soul.
To my Grandmothers, who are not with me: I think of you often, and the beautiful impact you have left.

To my Mother-in-law: I am grateful for our relationship, the son you raised to be a wonderful father and the endless love you give my children.

To my Mother: You gave me life (a pretty big deal) provided guidance, love, compassion and nurtured with laughter, hugs, great meals (often with homemade mashed potatoes) and an occasional very deserving spanking.
If I am a good mother, I certainly credit that to you.
And apparently, first a good mother...eventually an even better Grammy.

Happy Mother's Day, I hope your day was filled with many simple but irreplaceable joys.
Just like mine.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day. I'm blessed to be able to spend it with a daughter who knows what I love and shares it with me. You made me cry. If 10% of the woman & mother you are can be credited to me, I am very proud. You keep getting better. Love you so much!

Anderson Family said...

I neglected to mention the beautiful Moms at the beginning of the blog. What an amazing group of women. Lucky you to celebrate with that group.

Anonymous said...

I also had a great Mothers Day, and it began Saturday evening with a night out!!! Thanks to all!!
Doc