Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Official Re-introduction:

Gramma and Grandpa have 14 grandchildren.
For two years, I have used their birth order, as their blog nick-names. I thought this would be easy for
(at least the family!) to remember. It most definitely WAS NOT easy, for even their parents.
Sooo... today EVERYONE gets a nickname!!
Every name, originates from a portion of their actual given name. Therefore, if their parents do not like the new nicknames... well.... I guess, you should have considered future blog monikers when you filled out that birth certificate. Not my fault!
Side Note:
Nearly every name, has an Irish/Catholic background.
(FYI- My children will remain the same.)

Former Blog Name: One
New Blog Name: One or First
One's name will remain. If there was anyone, convinced that he is Number One.. it's this kid.


Former Blog Name: Two
New Blog Name: Decimus
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Coach's favorite movie line. Ever.


Former Blog Name: Three
New Blog Name: Joseph (Jumbo Joe) Stydahar
Born March 17, 1912. American football offensive tackle for the Chicago Bears from 1936-1946 and is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.


Former Blog Name: Four
New Blog Name: GlenAllen Hill
May 11, 2000: Hill became the 1st and thus far only, Chicago Cub to hit a ball onto the roof of a five-story residential building across the street from the left field wall of Wrigley Field. Hill wore the #4 Jersey.


Former Blog Name: Five
New Blog Name: Princess Grace of Monaco.
Monaco, Moni or Mona for short. Her choice.


Former Blog Name: Six
New Blog Name: John Quincy Adams "Quincy"
Our 6th president and a lifelong Republican.
Revered for fighting the good fight!
Also, I have many happy childhood memories in Quincy and now, my children have many happy memories with Six aka Quincy.


Former Blog Name: The Kid
New Blog Name: The Kid
I nicknamed The Kid when he was maybe 2 mos old: and it's never gonna change.


Former Blog Name: Eight
New Blog Name: Bondie Beach "Bondie"
Bondie Beach is a beautiful white sand beach in Sydney, Australia. No one makes me think about suntanning... more than this girl.


Former Blog Name: Nine
New Blog Name: The Galway Girl.
Galway is a city located in Ireland.
Plus she really is some kinda Gal.


Former Blog Name: Tink
New Blog Name: Always my 'Tink'erbell


Former Blog Name: Eleven
New Blog Name: Owl
The exclusive Bryn Mawr women's college is a highly respected and serious institution. Educating accomplished women. Their mascot is an "Owl".
A seriously beautiful animal, with captivating eyes.


Former Blog Name: Twelve
New Blog Name: Joy
This 'middle' child, radiates pure Joy.


Former Blog Name: Coco
New Blog Name: Coco
She still envelopes warm coco happiness.
Plus she's sorta messy, like melting chocolate.


Former Blog Name: Fourteen
New Blog Name: Gipper
Warhol's fav president, Ronald Reagan.
I plan on referring to her as Baby Gipper.


At least until Number 15 is born...
keep me informed gang,
whenever it is time for me to post a new name.

And there you have it,
Fourteen nicknames, officially assigned.
Whew! Exhausting.

8 comments:

Chili said...

I have to say, that is also my favorite movie line. Got goosebumps reading it!

Anonymous said...

Quincy caught wind about the new names and has been hounding me...we are gonna have a JQA history lesson tonight. -GOPhol

Unknown said...

The research you did for these blog names is probably more time than you ever spent on researching a term paper.
I do love the names. I think Galway Girl is the weakest. That girl radiates beauty and energy. She needed something BIGGER!

Coach said...

My voice even changes when I quote that line, which is probably more than one person should. I love GlenAlen Hill, he was a monster. Literally, I think he really is a monster.

Munchkin said...

i would comment but i'm busy watch the gladiator and reliving the best movie quote of all time

Munchkin said...

ohhh sorry about "the" it's just Gladiator (didn't want to be ridiculed for that mistake

Unknown said...

Can we have a blog name trivial pursuit contest at Thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, always at the top of the list.
Sincerely, #1