Monday, November 21, 2011

The Rules of Potty Training:

While on the phone with my mother, I became frustrated, as I realized Coco had once again removed her own diaper.

Me: Ugh! Coco took off her diaper again. She really thinks she wants to be potty trained.

Grammy: Then train her! You are the only mother I know, who doesn't want to potty train her kids.

Me: I like to wait til they are totally ready. I hate cleaning accidents. It's better when they are really old enough to actually take themselves to the bathroom.

Grammy: Well Coco wants to be ready like her sista.

Me: She's not. The last thing I want to do, is take gross Coco, into a thousand public bathrooms.

Grammy: You're just gonna have to start training her. She's ready.

Me: She's sooo not... If you're not old enough, to figure out you can't LICK toilets, then you are definitely not old enough, to USE a toilet.

Grammy (hysterical laughter... because it's true.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know...take the diaper off of Coco, and put it on the damn dog! cleaningupafterthedog...really?hol

Chili said...

What if the licking toilets doesn't stop? Is she gonna wear a diaper to high school?

I used to be a Hooker said...

Right there with you. I don't mind changing diapers. Diapers are on my schedule - puddles on the floor (or worse) not so much. Maybe you can just teach her to pee outdoors to avoid that whole toilet sitch.

Unknown said...

Let her start using the potty. She wants to be a big girl.

Anonymous said...

I use to be a Hooker is the best name EVER! -Worhol