Saturday, November 12, 2011

Workin 9 to 5...



And on the third day of birthday posts,
my good lord gave to me...
One tough lil GG,
ummm, in a pear tree??

anyway, you get the tune I was humming...

Happy 95th Birthday to the official matriarch of this large and crazy family. Ninety-Five years, feels unimaginable and yet lil GG appears just as sprite as a young lady. She has maintained her adorable figure
(so teeny, like her great-grand daughter Tink).
Still GG is just as tough as she is cute. To be a wife, in this family, I have learned it helps to be schooled in the art of organization, scheduled patience and a silent and hidden Firm Hand, guiding your husband with a gentle smile. Lil GG has commanded her farm and her family (for nearly a full century!) with an opinionated style and calculated grace. She is our very own Queen Elizabeth I (with all of the beautiful gowns and strength... minus the angry decision not to marry!)
I have often heard lil GG exclaim "Congratulations on your pregnancy! Now, I just have to stay alive for Amanda's baby, Kathy's baby, your baby, their upcoming marriage...etc."
If she intends, to wait for every great-grandchild, born to this extremely fertile family: then we're keeping her for another 25 years. Which is fine with Coach, as he is convinced his Grandmother is invincible. I'll tell you this... I'm not sure he is incorrect!
Happy 95th Birthday lil GG.
You are an extraordinary woman.
Life has granted you many blessings, all of which you have dignified with humbled thanks and appreciation. You are one of many, amazing women, for my girls to model and respect. I am grateful to know you and to be a part of your amazing family.

6 comments:

Munchkin said...

word. happy birthday

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday GG! You have raised an amazing family.

Anonymous said...

Will you tell GG Happy BIrthday from Dale and Marsha
I want to grow older just like her. She is amazing.

Doc said...

Happy birthday GG!1 Your are an amazing little lady with an amazing family!!

Sweetbreads Bailey said...

You do have an amazing family, lil GG!! Happy 95th, and many more.

Chili said...

Happy Birthday GG!