Friday, July 2, 2010

Race Update: The Final Installment

Days since Coach and I began Training:
13 days

Time spent thinking we should have trained sooner:
A pretty decent amount.

My Goal for The 5 Miles:
60 minutes, give or take a couple.

Miles covered in the last 13 days:
Maybe 18??

Miles Ran:
Maybe 7.
Strict Walk a Long Block/Run a Short Block Strategy


Arrogance level that I should call it running?
Ummm, None.
It was a solid baby jog.
The Kid is faster.


Level of Runner's High experienced:
None.
I was confused, sweaty, very close to an asthma attack and quick to respond to my 'Quitters Instinct' each time I felt the smallest leg cramp.
Also, Bouncing Ponytails bug me.
As Do: Toe Rings and Socks that will not stay up


Nephew I love for getting me an IPOD:
Three...he may be my Fav.

Amount I am confused that I have gained Two Pounds while Coach has lost Six or Seven:
A pretty darned significant amount.
And don't give me that...
"Muscle weighs more than fat" garbage.




Coach's Training:
Does it really matter? Unless a surprise cramp takes him down (cross your fingers) he will be superflyfast.
I kid.
I don't really want a cramp to take him down.
I love him...and his awesomeness....
blah blah, yada yada.
He is great. WhatEv...


Happy Race Weekend to All the Runner's.
I am proud of you.
(even if it is totally stupid and does not make much sense. I mean...we OWN cars for gosh sakes. It is like spitting in the face of the Modern Revolution.)
If nothing else, we will burn all of the calories, we will then consume at Clark's Big Buffet.

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I have been training* (I use that term very loosely) since this idea was born, yet I am fairly confident that you will still be waiting for me at the finish line. Long legs are a definite plus in this sport. Reading this post conjured up serious high school pre-race nerves. Beware, fellow runners: on Sunday I will likely be near tears, trying not to puke, or using the bathroom at least 100 times before the start race. It's what I do. Still, I can't wait to check this off my list while some of my favorite people join me!

*or "practicing" as Coach likes to call it.

Anderson Family said...

I am so proud of you Tru Stories. I cannot believe you are running. I know when you are done you will be thrilled with your accomplishment.

Sweetbreads Bailey said...

Good Luck to you all!!! I'll see you afterwards!