Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beach or Pool?

I like me a Pool.
I am Not a camper, boater, raft swimming, sand digging, bug swatting kind of girl.
My Fav smell is and always will be Chlorine.
Unfortunately, our friends are the sort that prefer to camp in the Bear/Tick infested wilderness, rather than sleep in their perfectly nice air-conditioned homes.
I know! CraZy.
Today, they asked us to join them on the boat.
Begrudgedly, for my children, I will participate with their weekly Beach Day. Now, the boat....ick.
No danks.
But, since I began my week Running (walking/slow jogging) 5 miles... I decided to continue my Outside the Box Dance.

Immediately, I witnessed the most A to the Dorable thing.
A tiny, little 3 yr old Flower, pop right up on skies.
That alone...worth the trip.







After a few failed attempts, trying to get up on skies....a slightly miffed The Kid, pacified his disappointment, by grabbing His Girl for some tubing.




Totally, changed his mood from 'Huge Bummer' to 'This is the Greatest Day of my Life'.
A phrase, he is beginning to wear out.



Me: Tink, would you like to try and ski like Flower?
Tink: Ummmm, No danks. I don't tink so.



After, a long day, Mom was rewarded for her sacrifice.
With very cute, tired little kids.



After scrubbing sand from their butts and hair.....
I still vote for Pool.

But I can not deny the smiles you gave my kids!

Thanks for a great day,
Beach Bumming Family.

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

You poor citified, pool girl. I loved spending every single day at the beach. I especially loved it when my boat friend took me skiing. So sorry you were raised in chlorine pools. That said, I LOVE the smell of chlolrine on my skin. But, I'd rather be at a beach.

The Mrs. said...

I'm up for the crystal clear water of a chlorinated pool anytime you tire of the beach scene, Tru Stories. I do love to boat as well as camp (in luxury) and I'm ready to try a day at the beach, but I can't deny my roots. The pool is where it's at.

Anonymous said...

best blog ever!

Flag Girl said...

Love the black nail polish!