Monday, July 19, 2010

Our Poor Parenting.............. Examples #364 & #365.

Tink has several friends, who have had pierced ears, for years.
No reaction. No Interest. No danks.
Until, new besties Ahkenna and Lana recently pranced around proudly like pierced princesses.
Then ... she could speak of Nothing Else.
"I want da earwings like my friends Lana and Ahkenna! Pink onebs!"

In that same span, Tink watched a recorded concert of Pink and then Avril Lavigne. (Step #1 in brain washing our children to become musicians for Coach's band.) Mix in a little Lava Girl and you have a lethal combination for the extreme need for
"Pink Earwings and Lots of Pink Hairs."
And she needed it, Like Yesterday.

Apparently, we adopted a Gwen Stefani Punk Rock Style of Parenting and cater to Tink's every fancy.

On Friday....



She received streaks of Pink Hair.
(Non-permanent and nearly completely faded.)



And this evening....
She got her earwings.

(Waiting in the chair.)

(Stone cold Preparation.)


(The EXACT second of poke. Very little reaction.)


(2 seconds following. Not even the welling of a tear.)


(A tiny, mini-upward curve of a smile.)


(Her Congrats Cookie. Also, she had obviously immediately grown from the experience. Older, wiser, more earringer.... next trip to the mall, probably for skinny jeans and training bras.)

There you have it.

Pink Hair: Check
Pink Earrings: Check
Immediate Plans for music lessons: Check
Intentions for an attempt at responsible parenting, completely thrown out the window: Check
Punk Rock Parenting Adopted and Implemented: Check
Growing Expectations that my Children will be spoiled Monsters: Check

But really, how cute are those tiny ears!

PS- It was mentioned, by several, that we should pierce Coco at the same time. I was this close to being convinced. Deciding factor?? My selfish desire to hear one more sweet, little voice beg...
"Pwwweasssse Daaaddy, can I habe da earwings??"

9 comments:

Anderson Family said...

When I discussed Tink's new obsession (Thanks OCH) with friends. Some said, I would let her get the pink hair so she forgets about the earrings. Some said, I would let her get the earrings so she forgets the pink hair. For the record, I was opposed to both. Did not cross my mind we would just give into both of her wants. Hey, Mrs., how about some purple hair for your gang. Everybody is doing it! Now that it is all said and done, pink hair was adorable the 3 days it lasted. Earrings are cute. I just think girls should wait, right Tru Stories?

Anonymous said...

Being her mirrored dentally challenged punk rock closeted, conservatively outspoken uncle...I totally approve! -Warhol

Flag Girl said...

Coolest mom ever!

MelancholySmile said...

You let her get pink hair? That is AWESOME! And I'm way impressed with her lack of tears-- Little Miss C was much older when she begged for earrings, and she still freaked out once she sat in the 'scary chair'. She STILL freaks out a little when putting in her earrings. Wuss.

Tru Stories said...

We sorta have an 'In' with the Hair Salon...so it was an easy deal getting the pink hair. But 5 days (and several swim lessons) later it is nearly gone. We are going to have to update it. And maybe, get a little more next time. It really was Punk Rock Cute.

Anderson Family said...

Please stop saying Punk Rock when talking about my precious Tink!!!

The Mrs. said...

AhKenna and Laina are so proud of Tink. Imagine loud exclamations of "She got her ears pierced!" upon being shown the pictures.

Anyway you look at it, she's adorable.

Anonymous said...

She was really quite amazing during the piercing, unlike #8!!! The pink earrings are ADORABLE!! Congrats Tink!
Love Doc

Stephanie said...

OMG, 2cute! I wish my mom was that cool to do something so daring for me, cutting my hair short was out of the question til I was in Jr. High!