Saturday, July 17, 2010

I have a short memory.....

This morning, I registered for and ran (walk/slow jogged) a Relay for Life 5K.

(Dramatic Pause, for you to soak that in.)

Minutes that I have Run since the 5Mile:
0 Minutes.

Minutes, I kindly reflected back on the 5Mile:
0 Minutes.

Therefore, why the heck would I do this again?

Bikini issues?
I was bored?
I don't like to sleep past 6:03am on a Saturday?
If real life is not smacking me around, I like to go in search of reasons to torture myself?
At least this time I got a goodie bag and T-shirt?
I super hate cancer, more than my knees?
I'm an idiot?

All valid answers.

Here are my results.

Time per mile on the 5 Mile:
12 minutes 12 secs

Time per mile on 5K:
11 minutes 59 secs

Is that a significant improvement?
Not really, but a tiny one.

Bottom Line.
Do I now consider myself a runner?
Not in the least.

Referencing my original post from months ago....

I hate to Run.

I don't want to be friends with Running.
I don't want to invite Running over for a cookout.
I don't want to hook up with Running in a bar and give it my phone number.
I don't want to email Running a funny chain letter.
I don't want to know Running, talk to Running, send Running a Christmas card and I sure
...do ..not ....want ...to Run a 5Mile.


The difference?
Now...
I may give Running my phone number in a bar.
But only if I've had a couple drinks, it's over quick and he is not there when I wake up in the morning.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I am so proud of your "running." I know that you have spent your entire life avoiding running. It is a HuGe achievement.

Anonymous said...

I don't believe you!! I think you have a secret crush on Running!!! Look out Basketball....HELLO running!!!
Doc

Anderson Family said...

Doc, you could be onto something. I think she does protest too much. Tru Stories is having an affair with running. She thinks if she puts it out there in our face we won't see the obvious. Good catch Doc. It won't last, basketball will always be the love of her life.