Thursday, January 7, 2010

Written by a girl who has kissed plenty of frogs...

Our little Tink, had never been to a movie. Well, Shrek 3 when she was 7 months old (she slept the entire movie) other than that...no.
Her brother has been to at least 30 or more movies.
Life isn't fair, I know.
Our defense:
We are DVD people. We would rather wait 5 months and purchase the movie at a lower price than attending the show. Our DVD collection has turned us into a bit of a Video Store. Free rentals for an unlimited amount of time....unless it is Tink's movie of the week, then you'd better return that quick.
Anyway, if the movie is not dubbed "A must see in the theatre" then we don't. Which pretty much knocks out all of Tink's choices. Now when the Kid wants Harry Potter, Spiderman, Transformers or Batman... we are there.
As part of her Christmas present, we decided Tink needed a movie date. With all the fixens. That movie, would be "Princess and the Frog".
Apparently, Jackie was brewing up the same idea for Tink's BCF (Best Cousin Forever) and Santa brought both girls matching Princess dolls in preparation. How he knew to do that, I'll never know.
We were both busy with a million Christmas parties (most of the time, we were attending the same parties) and decided to postpone the adventure.
After leaving Coco and a lip trembling Kid with Grammy (heartbroken because 'He never gets to do anything fun'.) Coach, Tink and I headed out on a date.
We met The Commissioner, Jackie and Eleven and began our evening at Pizza Hut. A date treat, Coach very much appreciated. The girls sat together, whispering. The adults ate ourselves stupid full. I declared "No popcorn for me! I'm stuffed".

Within seconds of entering the theatre, I changed my mind on the popcorn. I was still very much stuffed but they played their Jedi Buttered Popcorn mind tricks on me and I had no choice.
The girls were very excited and took a picture with their matching dolls. Matching in the sense that Eleven's doll is perfect and Tink's doll is missing both shoes, the crown, the necklace and one glove.
That's Tink for you. Even her dolls are disheveled.


Tink was not prepared for what she would see.
"Dat's a big T.B.!!"
(No tuberculosis outbreak present, just her voice)
She had a little trouble with the seat.
If you can see...her feet are folded up, nearly as high as her head.


She got serious, settled in and loved the experience.
Luckily, if you pick a school night, several weeks after release, you are the ONLY people in the theatre. Allowing you the freedom to talk in regular voice (which still feels forbidden) and not turn your cell phone off. We are pretty bold.
Put that in your pipe, movie people!
During the movie, Tink danced, clapped and smiled.
She got a little nervous during the voodoo and nonchalantly climbed in my lap.
I suffered through the snuggle. It was tough.
Coach tried twice to coax her over to him...no go.

How pretty is that face? She looks so grown up.

Recap:
The movie was excellent.
Tink loved her date. We would happily repeat the experience.
Coach loved his date...to Pizza Hut, with his brother.
I discovered, following the movie, that I had a tiny bit of napkin stuck in my glasses from when I cleaned them at the Hut. After questioning the group, they claimed, none of them had seen it.
Making them great liars....
OR
...just proving, when you have 2 cute three-year old girls on the date....no one is going to waste the time looking at a 30-something mom.
I don't blame them....those girls are too much.

6 comments:

Anderson Family said...

It is not because I am related to both girls that I am saying this, they are too cute! If I can expand, adorable! Glad it was a fun night. The Kid would not speak to us mean adults for an hour. Life is not fair.

Stephanie said...

I don't remember my first movie experience at the theater, but I wish it were like that. You are such a great mother to make the simple pleasures in life rememerable ones. As for the Kid, he has had his experiences, and he will always be the one to do everything first, well almost!

Anonymous said...

It's about time I see this post. This is a way cuter subject than your ugly skin.
-Jackie

Tru Stories said...

Writing about my poor skin took zero planning, thought and definitly did not require a picture. (to the benefit of everyone involved)
Writing about a great evening with these two girls...actually required my attention and several super cute pictures.
I've had a busy couple days and had to move first with the easy score.
Calling myself easy: not an intended pun.

Anderson Family said...

The bigger your blog gets, the more people become addicted to it, and the higher the expectations. Just shows you the blog is becoming important in your followers everyday lives. We thank you for the entertainment. I my friends & I put some pressure on you for daily blogs!

The Mrs. said...

Does Eleven age at a super speed rate? Because I just saw her a couple of weeks ago and she looks a full year older in these pictures than she did then. Two of the cutest girls around, that's for dang sure!