Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter is nobody's friend.

I gathered up the Christmas decorations....exposing a month's worth of dust under each knickknack.
We took out the tree....leaving a needle trail that nearly reached the bedrooms. Understanding, that I will still be sweeping needles up in April...ok, really in July.
Due to the tundra, we now live in....the furnace is running continuously, blowing around the dust and needles.
It is too cold to drive to the grocery store....though, not too cold to pick up Chinese take out.
2 days in a row.
I have turned into my father....and have covered the bottom of the storm doors with rolled up towels.
I wore the same sweats for more than 24 hours....hiding my holiday weight, enforcing Tink's pajama habits and ensuring there is no way my husband will ever find me attractive again.
In addition...we also had guests.
Soon, I will be forced to admit....that I should not blame 'holiday weight' if I am eating Chinese twice, in one weekend.
Except, it was New Year's weekend....that counts as a holiday, right?
The cold...hurts me.
Nice of you to join us January...now, screw off.

5 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Bundle up and get to the grocery store. I was one of your guests over the week-end. You can't keep feeding my grandkids Chinese food and fruit roll-ups.

The Mrs. said...

Shut it, you look great. And they sell sweats at Victoria's Secret which means they must now be considered sexy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Munchkin said...

below zero temperatures have made my decision....


job offer pending

Stephanie said...

I say go to the grocery store and buy some frozen, unbreaded chicken to cook up with some frozen broccoli sprinkled with cheese for the kids. Maybe some brown rice too. That is always a favorite to make when I don't know what to make. Maybe you just need some fresh ideas instead of the ol' take out menu. I hope you have been inspired to heat up your oven instead of your car. Oh and Jon just said we are under a winter weather advisory so I would go to the grocery store pronto, stock up on some stuff, cuz 7-9 inches of snow isn't something I want to go out in!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that Munchkin.