Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday, Sunday...

I was having a down weekend, health wise and spent some quality time with the bedroom television.
I'm not sure how many brain cells were wasted, never to be heard from or used again...but I am guessing, several.
While the rest of the family was at church on Sunday morning: I began my day with a little Lifetime Pregnancy Pact.
On DVR, making that confession even more sad.
While watching, I wished that my blog was on the National Level and I was able to reach out to young girls by screaming...
What?!
WHAT?!
WHAT the WHAT???

It feels a little, like the group of ladies I spend time with, just had a bit of a pregnancy pact. Practically, every woman/cousin I know, has been pregnant in the last three years. That said, we are all nearly 30's (or more), married, with homes and husbands with gainful employment.

When I was in high school, my friends and I made a pact to wear the same style flannel shirts from Express.
Which immediately followed, our pact to wear silk shirts from Structure.

A decision that is only revisited in photographs...not in a living, breathing child.
I think the issue that should have been addressed was not, how our teens view sex but rather...how our teens have turned into complete idiots!

Then I napped.
Woke up to watch a little mix of DVR'd Oprah, Hope for Haiti...sprinkle in some Platinum Weddings....you know, all the basics.
Little more napping.
Woke up again to..... shower and change??
Yeh, right.
Instead, Coach left to play basketball and I was 'in charge' of the kids.
We all sat on the floor, ate microwave popcorn for dinner and watched a little Reign of Fire. Classic, dragons take over the world.

It may have briefly occurred to me, that scenarios such as these, could be the cause for the 'dumbing down' of our youth.
At that point, I did not change the channel to Animal Planet, but I did hand out a Children's multivitamin to each.
That had to help out something.

Coach returned home.
From a two point loss, I heard more about than I needed too.
I returned to my bedroom TV, to close out my day with...
You guessed it...Life with the Kardashians.
Coach, popped in to ask if this Kardashian thing was getting obsessive.
He then spent the next 15 minutes standing in the room, watching the show, because they were in a charity boxing match.
And now, Coach is hooked.
Paused the show (DVR, I heart you) kissed the kiddies goodnite, finally washed my face.
Commended myself, on the choice, not to change out of my pajamas.
Jumped back into bed.
Relaxed and brought myself to a zen-like state with a little Guilanna and Bill.
Ending the perfect sick day.

Did I just write an entire post about bad TV?
That's sad.
As if living it was not pathetic enough, I needed to record it forever and post it out into the Internet abyss?

Did you just read an entire post about bad TV?
That is even more sad, for you.

But hey, at least it's not another birthday post.
Dang...how many people am I related to, anyway?!

7 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I keep forgetting to watch Guilanna and Bill. I really need DVR. Why is my life so terrible that I do not have DVR? Not all your children's minds were being wasted. Tink was at my house, bossing me around and watch Care Bears. Learning to be sweet like the Care Bears, NOT.

Andrea said...

Sometimes, you are like an episode of the Kardashians. no matter how bad it gets, we are hooked.

The Mrs. said...

Based on your TV watching habits, I now realize you and I could totally spend an entire day in bed together. You know, in a totally non-dirty, platonic, homegirls-just-need-to-chill kind of way. I'll bring the scotcheroos.

Munchkin said...

i feel awkward

Anonymous said...

Me, too, Lois!! How weird.

The Mrs. said...

PS - Please tell me you've caught Jersey Shore as well. So ridiculously wrong it's right.

Cath said...

Yes, I agree. If you want some fantastic TV madness addiction- waste of your time- watch Jersey Shore. Especially the reunion episode. 10X better than the Kardasians, although how can you NOT watch that show?! I'm totally up for a party that everyone dresses up as a JS Character AND plays the part. If only I could convince Husband how much fun this would be..