Sunday, May 6, 2012

.....Is how I need you.... and how you needed me too..

Obviously, I love my husband.  Though I VERY rarely say this.  I think the word 'love' becomes so cliche.  So easy to 'just say'.  And we all Love a long list of people... our parents, our children, our nieces and nephews, our close friends. 
But... more importantly, I Like Coach.

if you'd say goodbye to me tonight
there would still be music left to write
what else could I do
I'm so inspired by you
that hasn't happened for the longest time




Once I thought my innocence was gone
now I know that happiness goes on
that's where you found me
when you put your arms around me
I haven't been there for the longest time


 

Life for Coach, is blissfully simple. 
He begins each morning with the same goal:
Have a good work day.
Phone chat a few siblings (maybe a cousin) and giggle over how awesomely hilarious they are.
Order a pizza.
Slide any athletics into the course of his evening.
Notice how cute his children are and maybe call a sibling to remind them, how cute and funny his children are..
Live his day, in a manner his parents would appreciate.
And... get me to laugh.
If you add a basketball, a Busch Lite or a taco into the above scenario... you've described his perfect day.

and the greatest miracle of all
is how I need you
and how you needed me too
that hasn't happened for the longest time


 

He is always exactly and amusingly who you'd expect him to be.  There is hardly a person alive, who does not enjoy the company of Coach.  Me... especially.
Sure... being his wife is not a constant parade.
Of course, he irritates me.
Without fail, there are days the awesomeness of Coach, is certainly FAR LESS awesome for his wife.

Who knows how much further we'll go on
maybe I'll be sorry when your gone
I'll take my chances
I forgot how nice romance is
I haven't been there for the longest time


Honestly, EVERY day, since the evening we met.. Coach has successfully accomplished his goal of making me laugh. (even when I'm annoyed, making my laugh more irritating for me and more of a score for him.) He really is... so darned likable.

I don't care what consequence it brings
I have been a fool for lesser things
I want you so bad
I think you oughta know that
I intend to hold you for the longest time


Husband-
I seriously Like you. 
I'm lucky to know you. (Don't tell anyone, I said that.)
Your greatest talent (in a long list) is the ability to make me smile (which many know... is not easy!)
Happy Anniversary, Coach. I still Do.

20 pts to anyone,
who remembers what was said,
about that above white dress... and marriage.

11 comments:

Doc said...

Stranger in NO:"Someone should marry that girl in the white dress"

Warhol immediately replies: "He already did, not that great."

Everyone else: Immediate laughter, while strolling down the middle of the street with our 24ozers.

Good times!! I hope you both many more!!

Unknown said...

I like to think Coach does think it is that great.
Happy Anniversary! Many more does filled with laughter and like.

Unknown said...

I meant days. Not does.

The Mrs. said...

For what it's worth, I knew the exact quote and I wasn't even there. It's the first thing I thought of what I saw the picture of you in that dress. I think I should get points even though Doc beat me to it.

Happy anniversary, ya cute little love birds.

Sweetbreads Bailey said...

Sorry my boyfriend ruined that nice compliment...Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

If I said how lucky Coach was....we wouldn't have a story to tell would we? The one who dies with the most stories lives longest.....you two have what everyone in this world wants, I love being part of this big picture.

Tru Stories said...

Ummm...wow.
A sincere and touching Comment from Warhol, without even a funny sign-off name...
I'm speechless.
And now... really feeling the pressure not to divorce!!
Thanks to everyone for the sweet annv wishes.
And not too disappoint his fans:
no, Coach didn't even sorta do one romantic thing. We ditched the kids, ordered food in and watched a new DVD of episodes of Rome.
Still livin a real life fairytale.

Anonymous said...

Sweetbreads didn't fall for me just for eye candy and funny!

Coach said...

I would also like to say Happy Anniversary to my wife. The last 6 years really have flown by. I do realize I may not be the most romantic husband in the world but I feel like I can make up for it in different ways. I was really blown away with this post. You really has a way of describing people. I know this may get old but it's still stupid.

Anonymous said...

Oh Coach.....

Bird said...

Happy Anniversary!