Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"All children, except one grow up." -Peter Pan

But she is...
she really is growing up.
Last night, Tink 'graduated' from Pre-K.
'Graduated' in the sense that she went to one Preschool and then went to this Big Girl Preschool for about 7 weeks... and now will automatically go to Kindergarten (with or without a Pre-K diploma). Not because I am choosing to send my baby Tinkerbell to Kindergarten but sorta because the State requires our children to attend. Dumb State Laws.

Being presented with her medal.
Our Town is home to maybe 6-7,000 people (including the surrounding areas) and I would guess approximately 65% of our entire population was shoved into that gym.
It got a lil toastie and cramped.


(DTodd, Tink and lil Coco, sneaking in the picture)
Teeny bit difficult for Coco, not to receive a medal. 


Technically, Tink is now all ready for Kindergarten.
Technically. Legally. Essentially ready.
But not her mother.  No danks.

Peter: Well I will not grow up! You cannot make me! I will banish you like Tinkerbell.
Wendy: I WILL NOT BE BANISHED!
Peter: Then go home. Go home and grow up. And take your feelings with you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was told it was not a graduation, it was a celebration and I did not have to attend. Now I have missed Tink's Graduation from 7 weeks of time spent at her new Preschool.
I have been cheated and cannot get that back.
Thanks TS!

The Mrs. said...

Actually, technically, state law does not require mandatory attendance until 1st grade. Kindergarten is highly encouraged, of course, but authorities will not drag you away for educational neglect should you choose to wait one more year. I'm telling you this and not Tink because clearly that pajama clad hermit would obviously take advantage of this little loop hole.

She is beautiful and hardly recognizable with how grown up she looks. Congratulations, Tink!

ct said...

It was a fun night! Tink looked so pretty in her little dress and her hair all done up! I am also wondering where the last 5 years have gone?! I feel like we are going to wake up and they will be graduating high school....agghh....

ctodd

Unknown said...

One day you will wake up and they will be attending a non-graduation ceremony for THEIR children.
In a blink of the eye!!