Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Conversation:

Last night, Coach's parents babysat during yoga.  (before we get into this... we LOVE Gramma and Grandpa and they are super sweet babysitters!!) Anyway, we returned home and were chatting.
Then Gramma says: Mona called and said she needs some artifacts on Coach.

Me: Artifacts?? Why?

Gramma: I guess she is doing a school report on Coach and needs things from his past.

Coach: Mona is my favorite. I always liked that girl.

Me: Are you serious? This will be the second or third time a nephew/niece has taken Coach to school, or something.

Gramma: So I thought, I would give her some old articles.  A picture of Coach and Grandpa from after a football game.  Maybe some trophies.

Me (eyeroll): God knows, we have trophies....

Gramma: I was even eyeing your 1000 pt Ball.

Coach (shocked and confused): uhhhh... wait, is Doc going to be there WITH HER??

Me: You'd have to put that ball in a glass case to get it out of here.

Gramma: She said artifacts... what else can we send?

Coach: I've got a whole tub of stuff, in the closet.

Me: I have to drive down there for an appt, let me call Doc and see what day she needs the 'artifacts'.

I call Doc...
Doc: Heeelllooo! (in her happy voice because her life is always amazing) What's up??!!

Me: Hey, we missed you at yoga! So I'm calling because I'm sitting here with your parents and your mom said Mona is doing a school project on Coach?? And needs some artifacts???

Doc (starts laughing and exclaims loudly): She's doing a project on GERMANY!  She's needs artifacts from Grandpa from GERMANY!!!

Me (immediately laughing so hard into the phone to Doc, my body is bending over): I can not WAIT to say this outloud!!


I tell the other 3 the mix-up.  We laugh until my face hurts. I declare this is making the blog!

Gramma says: I assume you'll put something about how Coach is totally our favorite and we think he is so wonderful and that's why we assumed Mona was doing a project on him??!

Me: Yes.  Absolutely.

Because to Grandpa, Gramma and Coach... It honestly made perfect sense, Mona would needs official Coach artifacts for a 5th Grade School Project.
I seriously love these people.
They literally write this blog, for me.
(to be fair to Gramma, is appears the first phone call and subsequent confusion, took place between Grandpa and Mona.) Therefore, it was Grandpa whom first assumed, Coach was school project worthy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then.....she wants do do the story on Tink???

Arizona said...

made my day! hilarious.

The Mrs. said...

This might be one of the best stories on your blog to date. You need to hang out with A & G more often. They are super funny and need more blog time.

Coach said...

I am not sure what is so funny about this, easy misunderstanding.

Unknown said...

I can see the confusion. Same number of syllables, sounds similar, and not the first time a niece or nephew has wanted to report on Coach.

Flag Girl said...

This is absolutely ridiculous! But in all fairness.....One actually took Coach as his first grade show and tell.
Tru story...