Thursday, December 3, 2009

Orange Hair looks natural

Did you know, Thursday, at Wal-mart is 'Old Lady Day'?
If you take cute, little girls to Wal-Mart on 'Old Lady Day', you will inevitably make a long and painful shopping experience, even longer and more painful.
Our meandering trips up and down the aisles were filled with:
They are so cute!
You have two tiny helpers!
How old!?
Looks like big sister wants to push the cart for mommy!


Pause for me to smile kindly and try not to exclaim...
Yes, she would love to help push the cart, into the every wall or display.
While demanding, cookies, candy or cake.
And she is sometimes cute, when not naked or throwing things.
Kinda like monkeys.


Somebody, please inform me, on which day is 'Exhausted, Unfriendly House-Wife Day'. I will restrict my shopping to those designated times.

High point of my afternoon:
When the kind, orange haired, 80-something old lady, rushed over in the parking lot to offer me help with my cart or kids.
With one hand, I was pushing the $300 worth of food-cart. With the other hand, carrying Coco in her carseat, the diaper bag and my purse. All the while, shrieking at Tink to, Stay Close to Me!
Why, after they bag your groceries, do they consume twice as much space in the cart, as when you were shopping for them?

Low point of my afternoon:
When the kind, orange haired, 80-something old lady, was so sure that I was such a 32 year old disaster, that I needed her to assist me.
And how very hard it was for me to not accept her help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there yesterday afternoon and there was a lady with a green hat on and it looked just like old lady hair. I had to do a double take to make sure it was a hat and not hair! It looked pretty natural, too!

MelancholySmile said...

Awww, sweet lady. You probably should have let her help you. :)

The Mrs. said...

First of all, I think the same thing about groceries somehow gaining volume between putting them on the belt and back in your cart. So frustrating!

Secondly, you are my hero for getting a cart load of groceries at Wal-Mart with the two girls. I'd rather have a root canal.

Third, exhausted unfriendly housewife day is Friday or Sunday after 9 pm. There's a very good chance of seeing me there if you at that time.

Finally, that lady offered to help because she's been there. We'll probably do the same to 32 year old moms when we're 80 too (but if I'm sporting orange hair please be a friend and stage an intervention).

Munchkin said...

i hate everyone at walmart all the time.


ever.

Anderson Family said...

Munchkin with every rude comment you make I become more convinced we were friends in another life. Do you hate Pontiac Walmart the most?

The Mrs. said...

How can you hate Pontiac Wal-Mart, Grammy?!?!? A Wally World that sells liqour puts a smile on my face every time.