Monday, December 28, 2009

My Christmas Wrap Up

(Get it, wrap up? Wrapping paper? Funny.)

Of the 12 memories of Christmas, that my life gave to me.....
12. On the 23rd my life gave to me....a party at the in-laws farm. So many people, so many presents, so many buckeyes and an ice storm to nearly trap us all there.

11. On Christmas Eve, my life gave to me...The Elf on the Shelf, carefully guarding The Kid's stocking holder (for one last day of threats). And a Tink in her beautiful dress, at Christmas Eve Mass...with a refusal to do her hair and candy cane all around her mouth.
10. A Grammy and a Pop-pop to drive the children around looking at Christmas lights, while Santa finished her last minute wrapping. And the best gifts, Coach has ever given me.

9. On Christmas morning, my life gave to me....easily, one of the greatest memories of my life. Santa was forced to hide the presents on the kitchen table, due to Desmond's love for candy. The Kid woke up, ran to the tree, ran around to the other tree, ran to his room...no presents. He did not see them on the table, became convinced he really was bad and Santa didn't come. He put himself back to bed and cried for Coco 'because she was good this year'. I love that he knew him and Tink, really weren't that deserving!

8. On that same morning, life gave to me....A Tink, who repeated the phrase "I so exsited" and "Merry Cristmes" so many times, my heart nearly burst.

7. My life also gave to me....Coco and her smile, and her love for her present of wrapping paper.

6. On Christmas afternoon, my life gave to me....a not very successful attempt at a picture of 25 of GG's 30 great-grandchildren. I would not consider the attempt much of a present, but having my children included in such a group...most definitely a gift.

5. On Christmas Evening, my life gave to me...a mellow evening at Grammy's. A try at a picture with my Tink, an awesome charm bracelet and our favorite broccoli/cauliflower casserole.

4. On the day after Christmas, my life gave to me. An adult gathering at our home, a frantic clean-up of Christmas, a few too many drinks, tons and tons of laughing and a night cap at the local bar.

3. On the 2nd day after Christmas, my life gave to me. Coach home all day with our family, taking the kids out in the snow, an alone cuddle with my Coco.

2. Tink's first long play in the snow, her subsequent need to take a warm bath with her new mermaid, and a snuggle up with the girls on the couch.

1. Last night, my Christmas gave to me...3 tired babies, a Harry Potter Family Movie Night and a very grateful mother for my life....

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, filled with all the love, I felt.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Beautiful Christmas with a beautiful family.

Munchkin said...

all the kids are coming over here to play in the snow tomorrow

also I think the day after Christmas is the best thing on that list

The Mrs. said...

One of my favorite Christmas memories? Watching The Kid clutch his Titanic book and other miscellaneous informational publications to his chest announcing to the other children, "They're mine. Stay away - they're ALL mine!".

I just thought you were being mean calling him a dork, but now I've seen the light.