Monday, June 25, 2012

The Perfect Time for a Warm Cup of Coco...

One week ago, our family was rocked by a shocking tragedy. I'm sure many (including myself) expected I would blog about my cousin's accident.  Except, I was totally unable to wrap my brain around her situation and therefore, unable to sit at the computer and write about her progress.
As a result... I just didn't blog.
I waited, for a reason to post something more smiley... and of course, Coco took it upon herself to make that moment happen. Yesterday, Coach declared he only owned two pairs of shorts 'wear worthy'.  So we took Pretty Woman to the mall, for his shopping spree.
But watching Daddy shop, got boring and while passing Claire's, Tink decided she was FINALLY ready to take her studs out and purchase new earrings.  I casually jokingly mention to Coco.. "wanna get your ears pierced??"
Calmly, matter of fact, she replied "Yes."
I really didn't believe her.
(She sorta makes up stories.)
We entered the store, in line behind an eight year old girl.  During her piercing, she cried giant sad tears while repeating "Ouch, ouch, ouch.."
The clerk asked if Coco was next.
I eye-rolled replied "I seriously doubt it."
I was totally prepared for Coco to turn on her heel and walk right out of the store.  Instead she stood, stone faced and the moment the older girl exited the chair, Coco just crawled herself right in.  Completely ready.  No big deal.


Smiling in Anticipation...

Using a requested 'purple' sharpie to mark holes.
The moment of the poke, if possible, she was even calmer than her older sista.  No tears.  Too tough.

My baby. With earrings.
Plain pink studs, "jus like her sista"
Now, she said, she is ready for school.

Within MINUTES of getting her earrings, she asked to get a pedicure.  (We said no.) She repeatedly asked. (We repeatedly answered  no.) This little Cheerleader in Training is gonna break us.
Thanks for the cup of Coco.  We needed that.

8 comments:

Doc said...

She looks beautiful!! So tough Coco!!

The Mrs. said...

Look at her with her legs crossed like a little lady! She kills me.

My favorite part of this experience: After proudly displaying her new accessories I dramatically exclaimed to Coco, "You look just like a princess!" to which she locked eyes with me and whispered very seriously, "I know". I love her.

Anonymous said...

Great to meet the whole gang in person last night. Beautiful family. Love your post! Gramma Poke

Unknown said...

I love a cup of Coco!

Anonymous said...

Coco brightens my day. Beautiful pictures. Gramma G

Bird said...

I love that picture with her legs crossed. We have discussed with relatives when is a good time to get the ears pierced. I tell everyone when she is ready. Coco was ready!

Galaway girl said...

I'm surprised she didn't cry

Anonymous said...

If she old enough to get ear pierced she's old enough for my cock