Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Grammy!

It feels like just a week ago, I wrote a totally moving Mother's Day Post to Grammy, about her being a hero.. a great mother... an inspiration..yada yada.
Is there really anything else for me to say??

So I figured: I'll just let someone else, take the stage.
A birthday post written by The Kid,
to his Twin, his Grammy:

Happy birthday to the fun, adventurous, Grammy that was a big part of my life. She's the one that took me to New York, the one that made seeing the ocean possible, and the one that will take me to Arkansas this month.

 Grammy, along with my parents was always there for me. She was my field trip buddy. I look back and remember the trips to the canal. The beautiful vacation houses, along with the vacations. I remember the happy day when you moved to Dwight... again. But most of all I am blessed to have my Grammy.

 I just want to say happy birthday to one of the biggest puzzle pieces that make up me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMY!!!

P.S. I hope this moved you enough to buy me a new iPod. With a camera.

-The Kid

(ummm... seriously, I did not add or edit one single word.  That's all completely The Kid. He sat at the kitchen table and wrote/typed ALL of this totally by himself.  I am VERY impressed!!)

Spoken From Tink:
"Grammy- you take me eberywhere.
Um and you are taking me on anoder bacation."
(eyeroll) "umm and I lobe her and I stay da night dere to sleep." (shoulder shrug)

Spoken from Coco:
"Lode her.
I lode you da most.
And her birfday ....get presents.
And ummm whad else? What? What?? And I lode my Poppop and purple."
(Followed by a spin and hip-shake)

Happy Birthday, Mom.
Thanks for loving my children,
just as amazingly as you loved us.
(actually... maybe even more)
They are becoming better little people, with you in their lives. (you.. and the color purple.)

12 comments:

Coach said...

Happy Birthday Grammy! I hope you have a day. Thanks for everything you do for our family, especially for getting these kids out of my buisness every once I a while.

Flag Girl said...

Coach....I hope you have a day??
Happy birthday!

Tru Stories said...

Sadly, Coach has taken this very public moment to prove that maybe The Kid is more well spoken and certainly a better typist.

Unknown said...

I think "have a day" is just one of those cute expressions Coach likes to use. I get it. He does not need any comments from the peanut gallery!
Love, love, my birthday blog.
My grand children are amazing! My daughter is not half bad either.

Unknown said...

TS - Thanks for handing the blog over to The Kid. He never ceases to amaze me. So glad I had a daughter so I can have my babies.
Love you all,
Loving Coach a little less for ruining my dinner with a baseball practice!

The Mrs. said...

Happy birthday, Page Turner!

The Mrs. said...

Happy birthday, Page Turner!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grammy. Want you to remember I still have "your" Ice cream cone on my fridge. Doesn't that warm your heart? I'll give it to you someday. Have a good one. Gramma G

Unknown said...

Thanks Gramma G: I don't mind sharing the Ice Cream Cone with you. Now Tink, she has a problem with it!!

Doc said...

Happy belated birthday,Page Turner!

The General said...

Happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

My teachers said I was a good writer. But I didn't know I was so good I could almost make people cry!
- The Kid